Seattle, WA – April 19, 2016 – VR-centric development studio Perilous Orbit and UK-based developer Cherry Pop Games, creators of the incredibly popular billiards simulation franchise Pool Nation, announced today they will launch Pool Nation VR on April 28 for the HTC Vive. Pool Nation VR will immerse players in the full pool hall experience – including variants of traditional pool and snooker against humans and AI, throwing darts and more!
Pool Nation VR demonstrates more than just amazing pool physics in a VR space. Players will be able to interact with all sorts of objects, create trickshots with plates, bottles and other items in the pool hall, play virtual darts, and take part in the time-honored pastime of throwing empty beer bottles against the wall. With the most advanced proprietary physics engine honed for billiards realism, Pool Nation VR aims to deliver an interactive VR billiards experience and the most chill VR hangout.
Pool Nation VR Gameplay Features:
- Play Real Pool – Delight your senses with an immersive and accurate representation of the sport using motion control and real pool physics (be careful not to lean on the table, it’s not really there).
- No Consequences – Enjoy the pleasure of throwing a bottle at your opponent or breaking one against the wall. We won’t make you clean-up in VR.
- Customize Your Game – Choose from several variations of pool and snooker with popular rule sets, or just hang out and hit some balls in free play.
- Online and Offline Opponents – Play against the AI or with your friends globally online.
- Kill Some Time – Play VR darts while waiting for your turn at the table, change the music or just explore the bar
- Go Crazy – Grab, stack, and smash objects in the world. Create a tower of bottles, stack ’em high and launch a pool ball at your creation.
- Enjoy a Polished VR Experience – Years of VR / AR know-how help provide a fun and comfortable VR space to hang out in with your mates from the comfort of your own home.
Watch the Pool Nation VR preview trailer:
Pool Nation VR will launch on Steam on April 28 for the HTC Vive.