The future is for soothsayer Navali to tell, but yours to claim, beginning June 3
Auckland, New Zealand – Grinding Gear Games has announced that its latest Content Update for their online action RPG, Path of Exile, will release on June 3, 2016. Content Update 2.3.0 marks the inception of both a Standard and Hardcore version of the Prophecy Challenge League, in addition to a wealth of new skills, items, and challenges.
– Navali, Hatungo of the Karui,
“What would you do if you knew what lay at the end of your path? If you could glimpse your future? If you could change it? For a small gift of silver, you can. Together we will change the stars. Together we will rewrite your prophecy.”
Players will encounter Navali, a Karui soothsayer, in each town as they explore Wraeclast in the Prophecy leagues. Cross her palm with silver and Navali offers a glimpse of the future, divining a Prophecy for the player to fulfill. The prophecies will take players to the farthest reaches of the continent as they strive to achieve their destiny and demonstrate their Path of Exile mastery.
The Prophecy Supporter Pack
To celebrate the release of Prophecy, Grinding Gear Games is offering the Prophecy Supporter Pack. Priced at $60 and including 500 points, the Prophecy Supporter Pack represents over $100 of value and contains: the Prophecy Shroud Armor Set, Prophecy Portal Effect, Prophecy Mask Helmet Attachment, and a Prophecy Supporter Forum Title and Social Portrait Frame. The Supporter Pack is available for purchase now with its effects immediately accessible so that players can begin preparing for the Prophecy leagues in style.
Check out the new Path of Exile Prophecy Challenge League trailer:
Additional Content Update 2.3.0 Features
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth. Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items
About Path of Exile
Path of Exile is an online PC action role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world. Featuring ethical microtransactions, the game is free-to-play, but never pay-to-win. Playing as one of seven character classes, players find themselves banished for their past misdeeds to the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. There, they encounter hundreds of species of opponents laden with loot and mysterious artifacts as they explore the abandoned continent.