Auckland, New Zealand – August 21, 2017 – Grinding Gear Games has announced today that its award-winning game, Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath, is scheduled to launch on Xbox One on Thursday, August 24th at 2pm Pacific – the first console release for the massively popular ARPG.
The Fall of Oriath Xbox One release follows the hugely successful release of the PC version of the game in early August. Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath saw a record number of players playing the game simultaneously (143,000!) – more than double Grinding Gear Games’ previous game expansion release – Atlas of Worlds. Path of Exile has seen an average audience growth of 27% over each of their last four releases.
Additionally, Path of Exile will be launched in Mainland China by Tencent on August 22 – which is expected to add a ‘few’ more players to the game’s millions of active participants.
Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath is Grinding Gear’s largest launch of new content since the original game debuted in October 2013. The game features six brand new acts – doubling the size of current game. The Fall of Oriath also introduces a new Pantheon character-customization system that lets players wield the power of the gods themselves.
Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Xbox One Features:
- Ten Acts: Left for dead on the wet sand of a cursed continent, you will battle the evil, the mad, and the shambling dead that inhabit Path of Exile’s unforgiving world.
- Hundreds of Bosses: From the gargantuan zombie Hillock to the very gods themselves, you will experience hundreds of intense and unique boss encounters.
- Thousands of Hours of Gameplay: The story may end, but the exploration doesn’t. The unique Atlas of Worlds unlocked at the end of the tenth act provides literally thousands of hours of content.
- Countless Character Options: Path of Exile’s Passive Skill Tree has more than 1300 skills for you to choose from. There hundreds of Active Skill Gems and Support Gems with which to augment them. Ascendancy Classes let you take your character to the next level. You will never run out of things to try.
- Endless Replayability: Careful area randomization means no two playthroughs will ever be the same, and with the volume of ways to customise your character, no two playthroughs will ever feel the same either.
- Regular Major Content Updates: Path of Exile is updated approximately every thirteen weeks with a new content update and challenge league. The Xbox One launch contains all six major expansions that have been released since 2013.
- Never Pay a Cent: Path of Exile is 100% free to play, with no paywalls and no pay-to-win features. The game survives solely on the support of its players who choose to buy cosmetic items and stash space, and nothing more.
Path of Exile was originally released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot’s PC Game of the Year award. Since its launch, Path of Exile has received extensive updates (including five large expansions) and has grown its worldwide community to millions of active players. Localized versions are available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai and Brazilian Portuguese. Later in 2017, Path of Exile will launch in China in conjunction with Tencent.