The Fabric of Wraeclast’s Reality is About to be Torn Asunder
Auckland, New Zealand – December 2nd, 2016 – Grinding Gear Games announced today that their brand-new content update (2.5.0) for their hit online ARPG, Path of Exile will launch at noon pacific time today (Friday, Dec 2nd). Path of Exile: Breach is a massive game update that includes the Breach League, a new renderer (Direct X 11/64 bit) and numerous other improvements and additions.
Path of Exile: Breach has already gotten a ton of praise in early previews. “The Grinding Gear team have a great handle on what the players want and continue to deliver content across all aspects of the game,” commented MMORPG
“We’re really proud of the Breach challenge league,” said Chris Wilson, managing director for Grinding Gear Games. “It creates tense situations where players have to weigh risk vs. reward. We’re looking forward to playing it ourselves alongside the community when it launches this weekend.”
Path of Exile Features:
- Enter the Breach: Tears in the fabric of reality have formed throughout Wraeclast. Engage them to expose an alternate realm and reveal those who dwell there. Slay monsters inside the Breach to keep it open long enough to reap your bounty.
- Challenge the Breachlords: Deep in the Breach, you may draw the ire of horrific new bosses: Breachlords. The more damage you inflict on them, the more treasure they’ll part with during their escape.
- Conquer a Breachlord’s Domain: Among the riches found in the Breach, you may also encounter Splinters. Combine 100 Splinters of the same type together to create a Breachstone. When placed in the Map Device, a Breachstone allows travel into a Breachlord’s Domain, the one place where they are truly vulnerable.
- Treasures of the Breach: Monsters from the Breach drop new unique items that are specific to their Domain. When slain in their Domain, Breachlords can drop Blessings that allow these new uniques to be upgraded.
- Performance Improvements: Content Update 2.5.0 includes the release of our new 64-bit Path of Exile client that uses DirectX 11. It’s a lot faster than the previous version and includes technical improvements such as new fog and cloth physics systems.
- Breach Supporter Packs: To celebrate the Breach league, we’re launching two new Supporter Packs. These exist alongside our current Atlas of Worlds Supporter Packs and feature points, forum titles, portrait frames, a weapon effect, a portal effect and an entirely new type of microtransaction: Cloaks.
- And Much, Much More! Alongside the Breach league and the new renderer, this update also includes many other changes such as piles of new Unique items, a new Channelling Support Gem, Unique Golem Jewels, a revamped Forsaken Master levelling experience (with many usability improvements) and graphical improvements to early Act One areas.
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
Here is the Path of Exile: Breach Gameplay Trailer:
Path of Exile: Breach, like every release of PoE, is completely free-to-play (and of course, never Pay to Win – This means that your success in the game is dependent on the depth of your skill, not your wallet). More information about Path of Exile: Breach can be found at www.pathofexile.com/breach