Pankapu has unlocked so many nostalgic memories. I grew up with Super Nintendo, so having a hidden love for 2D side scroller games made this a easy to pick up and play. Controls were smooth and I had no troubles thru my adventure. The story of the dream world Omnia and the hero Pankapu really captured my attention. I could never get tired of a good vs evil based story.
The elaborate colors of the scenery, to the wonderful music made by the people who composed The Secrets Of Mana really made the game gorgeous. I absolutely loved the layered back drops on the levels; not to mention the fluidity of the scenery blowing with the wind. A perfect mixture of features made Pankapu an epic must have for your game Library.
What really got me was that the game is wrapped around the idea of reading a story to a child. As a father of two, It got me right in the feels. I would definitely share this game with my children, just to simply watch them enjoy such an amazing story line. Too Kind Studios did a fabulous job, well done!
I give Pankapu a 10/10!
Pankapu Key Features:
- Action / Plateformer in 2D, told like a tale
- Two parallel stories, between dreams and reality
- 3 Aegis, acting like jobs, switchable in real time
- Infuse your weapons with the power of Dream
- The Nebula System: a skill tree unlocking abilities
- Explore stages for finding hidden treasures
- Poetic soundtrack composed by Ganaé and Hiroki Kikuta (Secret Of Mana)
Here is the Pankapu Launch Trailer:
Pankapu is now available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam.