In OVERRIDE you’ll pilot a physics-driven massive robot in a completely manual way, controlling all of its limbs and systems. Up to 4 players can cooperate and pilot the same mecha all at the same time. Battle against huge enemies and rescue tiny kittens in a destructive sandbox city.
Born as a prototype for the Global Game Jam 2014, even though it had nothing to do with the theme. OVERRIDE represents the kind of game The Balance Inc’s team would love to play together. Built upon the passion they have for the rich universe behind the mecha genre and a wish to leave their mark into it. Inspired by amazing games such as Surgeon Simulator (Bossa Studios), Goat Simulator (Coffee Stain Studios), Octodad (Young Horses, Inc.) and QWOP (Bennett Foddy).
- Real Robots are made of physics – A robot should act on and react to its surroundings. Grab, throw, clash, slash, destroy and stumble on objects, weapons and enemies.
- Manual Override – You have total control. Every movement and action is possible and each limb is in your hands.
- Join the party – The game will have local multiplayer built-in since day one, supporting up to 4 players controlling the same robot at the same time.
- A city to call yours – Explore and protect (or destroy) Risar City. There is plenty of room for you to play the hero.
- Cancel the apocalypse – Be part of exciting battles against huge mechanical aliens. But don’t forget the mundane (but not less important) tasks, like rescuing whales and “clearing” the traffic.
- Enjoy the view – Greatly inspired by other works of the mecha genre, the visual evokes the action figure’s style combined with a rich and detailed environment, enhanced by the magic of Unreal Engine 4.
Take a look at several new screenshots below:
And, here is the official OVERRIDE trailer:
Source: Press Release