The horrors of Arzt Memorial Hospital were simply a prelude to the viral outbreak spreading across a sleepy town in the central United States. Experience the return to survival horror in beautiful high definition 3D with up to three friends in Outbreak: The New Nightmare! Face the decaying undead hordes, desperately scrounge for equipment and attempt to survive at all costs. Outbreak: The New Nightmare launches on Steam Early Access on June 20th with a launch discount of 40% off!
(As a reminder, the original Outbreak from Dead Drop Studios is available on Steam (up to 4-player co-op) and Xbox One (Single player experience).
Outbreak: The New Nightmare is a new 3D survival horror shooter available on Steam Early Access. Inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill, Outbreak is a loving nod to the classic survival horror experiences that preceded it. The initial Early Access release includes the first campaign scenario and a wave-based survival Onslaught mission. Additional content (including community feedback!) will be added in the coming months as the game builds towards a full release.
Attempt to survive the nightmare and uncover the source of the Outbreak. Choose your character wisely:
- Lydia – Former police officer with excellent survival skills
More versatile than other survivors with a strong sidearm
- Kane -Talented artist and musician Reduced health but has the ability to pick locks
- Ivy – Fashion idol and self-help guru Superior healing ability compared to other survivors
- Harry – Former pro-athlete turned firefighter Able to carry additional items in his inventory
Outbreak: The New Nightmare features the same unforgiving difficulty as its predecessor. You’re never safe as you’re thrown into a brutal survival horror situation where every step may be your last. Carefully manage your inventory, mitigate threats, solve puzzles and survive with only a single life!
You’ll face numerous monstrosities, both zombies and mutated grotesque monsters. Utilize an arsenal of melee, firearm and explosive weapons but use your ammo carefully. You never know where ammo may be and each playthrough will have semi-random layouts for items. Combine healing items to improve their potency and don’t be shy about sharing them with teammates. If you can’t work together, you’ll die alone.
Multiplayer runs on cloud servers. According to developer Dead Drop Studios, there should be virtually no firewall-related connection issues. (There’s no P2P, so players don’t directly connect to each other.) Furthermore, Outbreak: The New Nightmare has a region selector to ensure a low ping worldwide. The game can also be played offline in single-player mode.
As Outbreak: The New Nightmare proceeds through Early Access, the developer wants to hear directly from the community to build the full game experience! Share your thoughts on the Steam discussion boards and help them build a great survival horror experience. This is just the beginning!
- Beauty: Experience the nightmare in beautiful high definition 3D
- Film: Fixed and panning camera angles bring the cinematic feel
- Classic: Hardcore survival horror in an unforgiving apocalypse
- Cast: Choose from unique characters with their own attributes
- Friends: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat
- Alone: Play single-player offline in most game modes
- Inventory: Choose wisely, your inventory is dangerously limited
- Destruction: Numerous firearms, explosives and melee weapons
- Replay: Semi-random enemy and item layouts
- Controller: Customizable gamepad, mouse and keyboard controls
- Worldwide: Cloud-based multiplayer with region selector means no NAT issues
Outbreak: The New Nightmare has full controller support — and it works perfectly with Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers. The game also has customizable gamepad, keyboard and mouse bindings.
Watch the Outbreak: The New Nightmare Early Access Launch Trailer:
Outbreak: The New Nightmare will be available on Steam on June 20th (Windows only) for around $7.19 — 40% off the $11.99 retail price during the launch window.