Roubaix, France – January 25th, 2016 – Yes, it’s an adventure game about nature. Yes, you can play with your friends. Yes, it has to-die-for pixel art. Yes, it will make your life better. So much better. Ankama today announced the launch of online eco-adventure-RPG KWAAN After a period of self-improvement in the rarefied world of Early Access, the fully-fledged game is out now via Steam for PC, Mac and Linux for just $9.99 USD.
Created by a renegade team of four digital tree-huggers from Ankama’s Montreal studio, KWAAN puts players in the biodegradable shoes of the tiny Dwaal, agents of nature charged with the care of the planet. As prophesied, one day the giant mutant tree KWAAN appears, changing everything for the little Dwaals… FOREVER!
KWAAN fuses all kinds of good stuff into one environmentally delicious gaming package: point-and-click, RPG, 15-player online co-op, pixel art editor, and a quite excellent grapnel for exploring the many levels on your collective quest to keep KWAAN happy. But beware – if at midnight each day KWAAN is too sad, the mighty tree lord will drown the world in tears, with the unfortunate side effect of crashing the server so you and your Dwaal pals have to start again from scratch.
KWAAN Key Features:
- END TIMES ARE COMING ! YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ! – Become a Dwaal, a tiny agent of nature, and with the help of your community, care for the god tree known as the Kwaan : collect resources, create an entire ECOSYSTEM of flora and fauna, COLLABORATE and make friends with other members of the tribe… it’s up to you to establish a NATURAL EQUILIBRIUM and AVE THE WORLD !
- XPLORE A VIRTUAL WORLD THAT WILL MAKE YOU BELIEVE PIXELS CAN LIVE! – A UNIQUE CONCEPT KWAAN is a hybrid of RPG, online ecosystem management and pixel-art creativity, where helping others and respecting nature are essential to survival ! At the heart of the game is an organic, evolving ecosystem, players must help each other to prevent the end of the world and uncover the many secrets of the god tree mysterious origin!
- AN DAILY BATTLE – Each day, the game checks the state of the god tree’s mood. If Kwaan is sad, the server will crash and the players must restart – keeping their experience ! If Kwaan is happy, the tribe will progress through events and will hopefully unlock all the secrets of the game. If not…
- CONSTRUCT, ORGANIZE, DISCOVER – To make Kwaan happy, develop its branches, summon animals, create flowers, fight the pollution, use your grappling hook explore and unearth the secrets… Each action has an influence on the world! Each day, a new narrative event will appear, revealing more information about the Kwaan and the origin of the tribe.
- STUNNING PIXEL ART – Created in collaboration with Gary Lucken (AKA Army of Trolls), our Art Director.
Here is the official KWAAN trailer:
You can download KWAAN for PC on Steam right now.