Orange Moon – a stylish 2D platformer with RPG mechanics and puzzle-solving – has successfully exited Steam Early Access
Face deadly environmental hazards and aggressive, ill-tempered lifeforms as you explore a haunting, surreal 2D alien world brought to life by indie dev Betelgeuse Zero.
Orange Moon’s monochromatic environments are filled to the brim with acid swamps, deep craters, and toxic clouds. You must take on raiders, biomechanoids, and carnivorous plants to forge ahead on your quest for ancient artifacts. This may seem like an impossible task, but you’ll have the proper tools at your disposal: Tons of weapons and equipment are available if you know where to look – including upgradeable machine guns, flamethrowers, and hand cannons!
Each enemy type is vulnerable to particular ammunition, so choose your weapon loadout wisely: Good judgement and fast fingers offer the best chance of survival against the game’s formidable bosses …
Denys Shyshkin (Lead Developer, Betelgeuse Zero):
“When I was a kid in the late ‘80s, I spent hours playing Exolon – an Amiga game that only sported two colors: black and orange. As I worked on Orange Moon, I often thought of Exolon – remembering the countless hours I spent in front of my computer monitor. Now, after two years in development, my game has become even more complex!”
Jeff Giasson (Founder & CEO, M4):
“Orange Moon is a great example of an indie game that punches above its weight. Denys has made some strong aesthetic choices – starting with the color scheme – and his passion is visible in every frame of animation. Memorable games are made of strange and beautiful worlds like the one portrayed in Orange Moon.”
- Explore a mysterious world filled with hostile lifeforms
- Survive by acquiring and utilizing an array of unique weapons, equipment, ammunition, and upgrades
- Solve complex puzzles to successfully uncover the secrets surrounding you
- Fight bizarre enemies – from carnivorous plants to deadly biomechanoids – and defeat fearsome bosses
- Overcome harsh and treacherous environments with obstacles such as acid swamps, toxic clouds, and deep craters
- Play your way with full language support for French, German, Russian, Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish
Watch the Orange Moon Trailer:
Orange Moon is now available for $6.69 for PC on Steam. (that’s 33% off the game’s retail price. On October 4, the game will return to its original price). The original soundtrack retails for $4.99 – and a bundle with game + OST will be available for $9.93.