Nintendo has completed its 11.4 billion yen share buyback as members of the founding Yamauchi family sold some of their company holdings.
You can view the details of the Nintendo Notification of Completion of Acquisition of Treasury Shares below (Included is a percentage of the 10% stake owned by heirs to former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi):
2. Details of Acquisition
(1) Class of shares acquired Common shares
(2) Number of shares acquired 9,500,000 shares
(3) Total amount of acquisition 114,237,500,000 yen
(4) Date of acquisition February 4, 2014
(5) Method of acquisition Purchase through the Tokyo Stock Exchange Trading Network
System for Off-Auction Own Share Repurchase Trading
(Note) The Company has been informed by the shareholders who inherited shares from Mr. Hiroshi Yamauchi,
the late Executive Advisor, that they sold portions of their holdings of the Company’s common shares in
response to the acquisition of treasury shares.
1. Details of the resolution on the acquisition of treasury shares (announced on January 29, 2014)
(1) Class of shares to be acquired Common shares
(2) Number of shares to be acquired Up to 10,000,000 shares
(7.82% of the total number of shares outstanding excluding
(3) Total amount of acquisition Up to 125,000,000,000 yen
(4) Period of acquisition From January 30, 2014 to March 31, 2014
2. Details of the shares acquired upon the above-mentioned resolution
– Number of shares acquired 9,500,000 shares
– Total amount of acquisition 114,237,500,000 yen
What are your thoughts?