Play Indie Games and Meet Developers at This Year’s IndieCade Festival
Nintendo to Showcase New and Upcoming Independent Games at Los Angeles Event
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo’s continued support for independent games and developers will be on display Oct. 23-25 during this year’s IndieCade festival. IndieCade is one of the nation’s largest celebrations of independent developers and offers a unique opportunity for attendees to play and preview a wide variety of the hottest games available this fall in the Nintendo eShop. A selection of new and upcoming digital games for Wii U from Nintendo independent developers (or “Nindies”) will be featured at the booth, giving attendees the opportunity to meet with the content creators themselves.
“Nintendo has always supported creative and innovative game designers,” said Damon Baker, Nintendo of America’s Senior Marketing Manager of Publisher and Developer Relations. “It’s an honor to collaborate with IndieCade as an opportunity to not only showcase the quality games available in the Nintendo eShop, but to also celebrate the forward-thinking developers behind them.”
The indie games on display at Nintendo’s booth include the following:
- Runbow from 13AM Games: Runbow is a Wii U-exclusive action game for up to nine players. Platforms and obstacles appear and disappear as the background color changes, so players have to think fast, stay alive and make it to victory in Run mode, or take on co-operative challenges in Adventure mode. The full version of Runbow is now available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U with more modes, more costumes and way more chaos!
- FAST Racing Neo from Shin’en: FAST Racing Neo throws players into a futuristic racer with hyper-fast anti-gravity vehicles. Up to four players can race against one another in split-screen local multiplayer mode, with up to eight racers able to participate in online multiplayer mode. FAST Racing Neowill launch exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U before the end of the year.
- Hive Jump from Graphite Lab: Hive Jump is a fast-paced multiplayer action platformer for up to four players. Players engage in run ‘n’ gun combat with swarms of aliens, all the while avoiding traps and collecting resources. The game will feature amiibo support when it launches in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U in early 2016.
- Shovel Knight from Yacht Club Games: Visitors to the Nintendo booth can play the new “Plague of Shadows” DLC for hit game Shovel Knight, featuring a new playable character, new relics, new systems, new boss battles, level tweaks and a new story to adventure through. The retail versions of Shovel Knightfor Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hit store shelves on Nov. 3.
- Typoman from Brainseed Factory: Typoman is a puzzle platformer with a unique twist: Players use letters to alter the environment! The beautiful, dark and surreal adventure launches in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U in Q4.
- Electronic Super Joy from Michael Todd Games and Broken Rules: Electronic Super Joy is a challenging platformer set in a world of pulse-pounding electronic music. Players run, jump, smash and fly their way through more than 60 quirky and colorful levels with low gravity, world rotation, giant monsters and swarming missiles. Electronic Super Joy launches in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U on Nov. 5.
- Shantae Half-Genie Hero from WayForward: Experience Shantae’s first HD big-screen Wii U adventure! In Shantae Half-Genie Hero, players explore action-packed worlds, conquer diabolical bosses and belly dance to transform Shantae into powerful new forms. Shantae Half-Genie Hero launches in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U this winter.
- Tumblestone from The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild: Tumblestone is a casual puzzle and competitive multiplayer game with beautiful, hand-drawn artwork. At first glance, Tumblestone may resemble other Match-3 games, but it re-invents the genre into a deep and cerebral puzzle-solving experience that players won’t forget. Tumblestone launches in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U in summer 2016.
Visitors to the booth also have the chance to meet and chat with the independent developers from select games, including Hive Jump, Shovel Knight, Tumblestoneand Shantae Half-Genie Hero. The Nintendo booth is located in the IndieCade village at 9300 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232, and will be open to attendees between the hours of 12-6 p.m. PT on Friday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. PT on Saturday, Oct. 24, and 12-6 p.m. PT on Sunday, Oct. 25.
For more information about IndieCade, visit here.
Source: Press Release