One Thumb Mobile, creator of Celtic Heroes, the popular mobile MMO, has finally released its advanced Destiny Engine on iOS. Powered by Unity, the new iOS/Android cross-platform engine is a quantum leap in mobile MMO graphics and includes dynamic lighting, improved shadows, and hundreds of new animations:
Destiny significantly improves the user experience by allowing players to use a character generated by the game itself or create their own with thousands of possibilities. It also introduces a brand new starting area with an enhanced tutorial.
Celtic Heroes players will also enjoy a massive end-of-year event with the free Yule update—bringing a touch of snow, fresh content, new mounts, luxury items . . . and Jack Frost 🙂
Yes—Jack Frost has come to the lands of Dal Riata to help fight the minions of the dark god of storms and lightning, Taranis. Players will do battle with Monoliths of the Maelstrom to gain impressive cold-dealing Frostiron weapons, rings or bracelets designed to enhance each class. A visit to Kennis of the Snow or Serena of the Ice in Farcrag will allow players to embark on fun seasonal quests.
Most of the Yule content is already up on iOS and will be added to Android soon. Stay tuned for the *12 Days of Christmas* special event. You’ll hear from us again next week!
YULE PATCH NOTES
* Defeat Monolith’s of the Maelstrom for impressive cold dealing Frostiron weapons or Frostiron rings and bracelets designed to enhance each class.
* Visit Kennis of the Snow in Farcrag Castle to take the top hat quest chain and hunt for presents across the zones, with a fantastic selection of ten hats to collect and the chance of rare star dust varieties every time you hand the quest in.
* Eight festive crackers have been hidden across the zones which can be sold for up to 50,000 gold.
* Take part in the daily quest to fight the powerful minions of Taranis. Jack Frost instructs you to find your enemies in Lir’s Reach, Fingal’s Cave or Carrowmore Tunnels as you quest for experience to help upgrade and enhance your character.
* Eight brand new animated mounts can be purchased from Dolina of Glenmor. Each boosts your movement but the greater ones do health and energy regeneration and the very best have special attacks designed specifically for them.
* Meet Serena of the Ice in Farcrag Castle. Battle grim sprites across the land to gather Winterheart crystals for her and hand them in to get one of twenty Winterstaves.
Here is the official 3D MMO Celtic Heroes Trailer:
Source: Press Release