In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher today, Cubus Games announced the new interactive novel, Necklace of Skulls, an exhilarating quest into the far reaches of the ancient Mayan civilization.
Written by Dave Morris, author of the *Fabled Lands* and *Virtual Reality* series, Necklace of Skulls has players enter a forgotten world where ghostly creatures roam free and demons are very real indeed!
The sole survivor of an expedition brings news of disaster. The player’s twin sibling is lost in the trackless Western Sierra. Determined to find out what happened, the protagonist leaves the safety of home to embark on a quest through lost jungle cities, mountains and seas – even the depths of the underworld.
If players are brave enough to survive the dangers of the spirit-haunted Western Desert, they must still confront the wizard, Necklace of Skulls, in a fight to the death . . . and for their very own souls.
- Play as a warrior, huntress, wayfarer or sorceress.
- Multiple save slots: Play with different characters in up to three stories at once.
- Innovative combat system never before seen in a digital gamebook.
- Animated illustrations depicting scenes from the story.
- Rich, branching narrative that offers huge replay value.
- No dice: All the action is based on your skills and decisions.
- Full soundtrack and sound effects deliver a vibrant atmosphere.
Take a look at the new screenshots below:
And, take a look at the official Necklace of Skulls trailer:
Necklace of Skulls will retail for $2.99 on November 13.
Source: Press Release