MEGURO KU, TOKYO, JAPAN – Sept 18th, 2015 – CAVE Interactive CO., LTD. is proud to announce their first Steam game! In Winter 2015, CAVE will release the famed vertical shooting game, Mushihimesama! Originally an arcade game, this is the first time that Mushihimesama has been available outside Japan in it’s original format.
Mushihimesama (“Bug Princess” in English) is a vertical shooting game set in a beautiful fantasy world. Huge insect-like creatures called Koju roam the forest outside the village of Hoshifuri. When Reco’s people fall to a mysterious sickness, the young princess decides to leave the village and meet the God of the Koju, who may provide a cure. Riding her faithful Golden Beetle friend Kiniro, Reco must traverse the wilds, braving the hostile landscape and the aggressive Koju beasts on her journey through the Shinju Forest.
With its lush, vibrant graphics and the capability to generate thousands of bullets on screen at once, Mushihimesama is a sensational game that creates a strong visual impression. Weaving through the game’s masterfully designed shot patterns is terrific fun and differentiates Mushihimesama as one of the best examples of the bullet hell subgenre. Mushihimesama’s iconic characters and natural settings are also novel in a genre dominated by militaristic themes.
- Explore a beautiful fantasy world rendered in stunning HD sprite graphics. 5 stages, including an arid desert, lush forests, and a serene underground cave.
- Many different game modes, including:
- Normal Mode: A faithful port of the original arcade version. This is the first time that the original arcade version has been localized outside Japan.
- Arrange Mode: A remixed version of the game with different enemy positions and shot patterns for a completely new experience.
- Novice Mode: A version of the game tuned for newcomers and relaxed game play.
- Most of the game’s modes can be played in multiple difficulties, from the newbie friendly Original to the notoriously difficult Ultra, which has a reputation as one of the most challenging games of this type.
- Energetic soundtrack by famed composers Manabu Namiki and Masaharu Iwata. The soundtrack will be available as a DLC.
- Online leaderboards and downloadable replays allow you to share your games or check out the top scores.
- DLC: Mushihimesama 1.5 will be available as DLC. This is another remixed version of the game that was previously available only to a select few players who had first-edition copies of the Xbox 360 version, but is now presented to the general Steam audience.
Mushihimesama is headed to Steam in Winter 2015.
Related: Back in 1995 Partners with Degica
Source: Press Release