Developer Those Awesome Guys has announced that the multiplayer game to end all multiplayer games, Move or Die, is coming to Steam on January 21. They are officially announcing the date with a radical new video trailer, including reactions taken from various events where people experienced the Move or Die phenomenon.
About Move or Die
20 seconds… constantly changing mechanics… and a lot of yelling. These are the keywords that perfectly describe a round of Move or Die, the 4-player friendship-ruining, party game where rules change every single round.
Whether it’s playing side-by-side with friends in local multiplayer, challenging players online from around the world, or pretending to practice offline with AI bots, be prepared for a new level of multiplayer mayhem in Move or Die. Select from an ever-growing list of developer and community-generated game challenges, each with its own outrageous mechanics and level design crafted to promote hours of good old friendship-ruining fun.
As its name suggests, Move or Die forces players to take action. In fact, not moving will literally make characters explode. Play online to gain XP and level up, unlocking awesome characters and game modes in the process, or try to work up the daily challenge leader boards where players go against AI bots in survival-like matches. With just 20 seconds per round, Move or Die is a quick game to pick up, but a hard one to put down.
Move or Die Features:
- 4-Player Local/Online Multiplayer and Offline Practice Modes – Play as one of several outrageous characters on the couch with friends, online against people from around the world or battle devious bots offline.
- Game Modes Galore – Choose from a huge and always increasing variety of hilarious game modes like Jump Shot, Chainsaw Backstab and Rocket Run, each with their own unique mechanics and level design.
- Easy-to-Learn, Fast-Paced Fun – Move or die…literally. With not moving resulting in your character exploding and only 20 seconds per round, Move or Die is quick to pick up and incredibly fast-paced.
- Leveling-Up System – Acquire crazy skins for your character and unlock new game modes as you squash your opponents online.
- Daily Challenges and Missions – Work your way up the leader board and earn bonus XP by completing challenges and missions that change every 24 hours.
- Regular Content Updates – New content, including game modes, characters and new features will be added on a regular basis to keep Move or Die’s friendship-ruining-o-meter high.
- MOD Friendly and DRM Free – Build your own characters, game modes, mechanics, levels, soundtracks and more. Includes Steam Workshop support, as well as a super user-friendly level editor.
- DLC Free…Always – Everything in the game can be unlocked for free, no paywalls. No bull$#%&. Period.
- Striking Graphics and a Killer Soundtrack – Get your blood pumping with vibrant 2D graphics, as well as a heart-thumping soundtrack by Jacob Lincke.
- Controller and Keyboard Support – Play with one or 4 controllers, a keyboard, a DDR pad…or…the guitar and drums from Guitar Hero. Your choice. Although, we recommend a controller 😀
Take a look at the official Move or Die trailer:
Move or Die for PC is heading to Steam on January 21.