Final Content Update of 2016 for Beloved Multiplayer Game Delivers a Sleigh-Filled Extravaganza of New Game Modes, Improved Matchmaking, Teamplay Options, and More
BUCHAREST, ROMANIA – December 20, 2016 – It has been a joyous year of fantastic content updates and for the last update of 2016, Those Awesome Guys are rewarding Move or Die players, both naughty and nice, with the ‘Non-Denominational Winter Holiday Update.’ Available now on Steam, the final triumphant content update of the year brings a multitude of new features including seven new characters, four game modes, online matchmaking improvements, and Teamplay options for 2v2, 2v1, and 3v1 matches. The ‘Non-Denominational Winter Holiday Update’ practically guarantees a holiday filled with laughter, merriment, and goodwill through the new traditional of friendship-ruining fun.
“With the end of the year in sight, it’s fitting that the final Move or Die update for 2016 is probably our best thus far,” states Nicolae Berbece, founder and lead developer for Those Awesome Guys. “Whether it’s long overdue requests like control remap options, or Teamplay features that will likely cause more friendship-destroying moments, I’m quite proud to deliver this final gift to the ever-growing Move or Die fans – see you in 2017!”
The Non-Denominational Winter Holiday Update Key Features Include:
- Teamplay – Players can now pick to join one of the 4 colored teams (Blue, Yellow, Pink, or Green) for combinations of 2v2, 2v1 or even 3v1 matches.
- Four New Gameplay Modes
- Static Bounce (Redesigned BlowBack) – Create deadly electric orbs by running into opponents and knocking them into these death orbs
- Building Blocks – Build a stairway to heaven by placing blocks above the character to avoid the floors of death below
- Detonation Zone – Drop bombs that grow in size over time and avoid the increased blast radius of the explosion
- Super Hot – Inspired by the hit indie shooter, avoid the randomly spawning red bullets that move when characters move
- Two Mutators Added– Spice up games modes with these new Mutators:
- Life Hug – Health only regenerates when players bump into each other
- Confusion – All on-screen text is scrambled
- Seven New Characters – Players will exult with glee with the wickedly charming new characters that include a purple octopus, a gingerbread thing, and a jalapeno wearing a luchador mask.
- Controller Button Remapping – Yes, it’s FINALLY in, so please stop bothering the dev team about it.
- Improved Online Matchmaking – Vastly improved automated matchmaking and server ping display in the server browser.
Move or Die is not just the title of the game, but a fundamental gameplay rule: gamers who fail to move will see their health bar diminish rapidly. Players will battle each other in an ever-growing list of mini-game modes that change every 20-30 seconds. Each challenge has its own outrageous level design and rule set to promote hours of laughter and good old friendship-destroying fun. Win battles and unlock insane new character skins, Mutator game modifiers that dramatically change how mini-games are played, and even crazier game modes. When gamers are done beating friends on the couch, jump online and challenge other players to see who will rage-quit first.
Watch the Move or Die Non-Denominational Winter Holiday Update Video:
The Non-Denominational Winter Holiday Update is now available with a future promotion planned to celebrate its launch. Move or Die is available on Steam for $14.99 with console versions launching in 2017.