Digerati Distribution is pleased to announce that an update for the recently released Monster Slayers, a deck-building roguelike created by developer Nerdook, is now available and adds six new classes to the game: Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer. All of the extra classes also come with their own selection of brand new custom cards.
Each of the new class types are ‘Advanced’ versions of the six existing classes and are unlocked by completing the game with the corresponding ‘Basic’ class, like so:
- Rogue unlocks Assassin
- Ranger unlocks Beastmaster
- Knight unlocks Monk
- Barbarian unlocks Brute
- Cleric unlocks Apothecary
- Wizard unlocks Necromancer
If a player has already completed the game with one or more of the basic classes, the corresponding advanced classes will be automatically unlocked when the update is installed.
The new content is available for free by simply playing the game and unlocking each class as explained above, but there is also the option to purchase the Advanced Class Unlocker for $1.99/€1.99/£1.59 to get all the new content instantly.
Monster Slayers Key Features
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monsterous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- Choose from up to 12 different classes: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Fight for your place at the top of the Monster Slayers leaderboards
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
- Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)
Monster Slayers is available for PC on Steam.