SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — A robust mobile app experience for the hit anime series YO-KAI WATCH – dubbed YO-KAI WATCH LAND — is now available for download on compatible iOS and Android devices in the US, Canada, and Australia, it was jointly announced today by LEVEL-5 Inc. and Hasbro, Inc.
The app was developed by LEVEL-5, in collaboration with Hasbro. The app features virtual games and other fun experiences as well as integration with collectible Yo-kai Medals developed by Hasbro as part of its YO-KAI WATCH product line, available in stores now in U.S. and Canada.
In the app, the fun and crazy atmosphere of YO-KAI WATCH has been distilled into a virtual theme park calledYO-KAI WATCH LAND. You can play games and take pictures with more than 200 Yo-kai characters, and fans can also look forward to sections of the park opening up in the future.
The current version of the imaginative, multi-featured YO-KAI WATCH LAND app allows fans to:
- Explore character bios of over 200 Yo-kai, and play with 2D and 3D character models in the WIKI
- Take a picture with your favorite Yo-kai in the PHOTOBOOTH
- Watch your Yo-kai Medals from Hasbro “come to life” using the Augmented Reality BEFRIEND ZONE
- Register your Yo-kai Medals to unlock Yo-kai for use in the PHOTOBOOTH and in MINI GAMES
Games in the app include:
- MANJI MESS, a fun pinball style game where your medals come to life
- CAPSULE ESCAPE, where you help your Yo-kai roll out of a giant Capsule Machine
- ROBO CHOCO, where you guide Robonyan’s robo-arm to gather cocoa and make chocolate bars
To download the app, please visit:
YO-KAI WATCH currently airs on Disney XD (Monday nights at 5:00 p.m., ET/PT) and is based on an original concept by LEVEL-5. Fans can also enjoy complete episodes on the official YO-KAI WATCH YouTube channel— https://www.youtube.com/c/YOKAIWATCH – and on VOD services from Disney, or play the critically acclaimed Nintendo 3DS game as well!