(Emeryville, CA) – January 15, 2015 — The #IDARB update available today on Xbox One brings players new features, content, new DLC, some general improvements, and a few overdue fixes.
“This update was a year in the making,” said #IDARB creator and Other Ocean Studio head Mike Mika, “we’re really excited to get all this new stuff out to the #IDARB fans, who admittedly, we’ve been starving this whole time. And there will be more coming soon.”
Other Ocean’s update also coincides with the simultaneous launch of another add-on pack for the game, Masters of the Universe in partnership with Mattel, available for $2.99 from the Xbox Live Marketplace.
NEW #IDARB CONTENT:
- “Team Breakfast” and “Moustache Cops Versus Cthulhu in Space”
New Mode and mini-games!
- Halftime Olympic mode – compete in your own customized mini-game marathon!
- New halftime mini-games; “Hoppy Street”, “Photon Bikes” and “Boom Chamber”
- Improved matchmaking and latency.
- AI Teammates now available in local matches.
- Kinect Voice Hashbombs added.
- Added Trading Post – Unlocks achievement that required Kinect on previous release.
- Tracking 3,5,15 point shots
- “Downtown” Shot for 10 points recognized.
- Majestic Eagle recognized for 15 points. (Honoring @cheezgamer92)
- Added Song Sequencer (Honoring @adriancajili)
- Ability to rename Songs.
- Added loading screen(s).
- Option to turn crowns on and off for winningest local team.
- Option to enable alternating goals between rounds.
- Tears upgraded. (Aim your tears!)
OTHER TWEAKS AND FIXES:
- Flags on VS. screen for online games.
- Hashbombs are off during transitions and selection screens.
- Added vibration to penalty zone.
- Smartcasting – Backdrop and PIP gameplay screen with action logic.
- Twitter crawl crash bug fixed.
- Ball cursor is now a personal setting – not overridden by host in online games.
- Rage quits tracked per team.
- Half Time wins tracked per team.
- Added Bouncy Floors – Also resets double jump when encountered.
- Rage Quits under 10 seconds are not counted – implemented “Missed Connection.”
- New credits sequence to accommodate continued contributions.
- Grammar and spelling corrections to recipes and in-game text.
- Japanese font now supported by the text crawl.
- Additional teams added and a new system created to prevent stomping of user generated teams.
- Tug of war – added grunts, sounds, and reduced the goal line distance.
- Boo hashbomb revisited.
- Ball no longer warps out of the top of map. Hopefully doesn’t freak out in other ways!
- Added 37 new lines of VO.
- Added New Logos to the ad loop. We made more friends!
- Infinite fizz bug should be finally eliminated. This should also address 3rd party controller issues.
- Behind goal paint and goal color drawing updated to support quarterly side-switching.
- Fixed bug where practice play with one player existed but halftime wouldn’t activate.
- Fixed transition from menu to local play start game.
- Added street lingo titles to team make-up on team selector. (Via Charla)
- Re-organized the team on-boarding to allow for future AI co-op and competitive modes.
- Timed characters to the beat on the main menu for our OCD friends.
- You can now make TEMPO stop in Song Editor when you press Y.
- Versus screen for online now has drop-shadows to separate characters from the backdrop.
- Fixed character select bug on locked teams.
- Added character highlight box, which only comes up now but will have a future purpose.
- Fixed the Dead Presidents team song.
- Fixed the On-line Wins/Losses team tracker.
- Music now plays on the team viewer.
- Reformatted Team Stats – Now displays Rage quits and Halftime victories.
- Endorsements added.
- Penalty reminders in round breaks.
- If all players are in the penalty box after a round, they are all released in the next round.
- Pressing left or right trigger will dim the screen in the tools to help with cell phone photos of QR codes not scanning in easily.
- Added arena titles for future updates.
- Added crowds at the edges of the playfield.
- Corrected AI intelligence scale
- Goal Sign colors represent current goal team
ADDITIONAL PACKS AVAILABLE!
Masters of the Universe includes:
- 2 New Arenas with unique play modes:
- Grab the Power Sword in the Castle Greyskull arena,
- Evade Skeletor’s fiery wrath in the Snake Mountain arena
- 2 Exclusive Half-time mini-games!
- Rev up your engines for classic “He-Karts” racing
- Prove your prowess in Orko’s “He-Math” challenge!
- 2 New Teams! He-Man’s Heroes and Skeletor’s Villains!
- Custom “Masters of the Universe” Hashbombs
As part of Microsoft’s “Games with Gold” program, #IDARB has been downloaded by more than 1.7 million times by Xbox One users worldwide and quickly gained its own esports community. You can visit the website here.