In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher this morning, Reverb Games announced that LyteShot has launched its Kickstarter campaign.
CES Innovation Design Award Honoree Brings State-of-the-Art Sensor-Based Mobile Platform to the Masses
Chicago, Illinois – January 6, 2015 – Pioneering game system creator LyteShot Inc. unveiled today the launch of its Kickstarter campaign for the LyteShot platform, the groundbreaking mobile gaming platform that turns any place in the world into your gaming arena. The open cloud-based interactive platform reimagines mobile gaming on iOS and Android smart phones to include the next generation of heads-up displays (HUD) for unlimited real-world multiplayer experiences.
With the launch of LyteShot’s Kickstarter campaign, everyone can join the new movement of live-action gaming now, and be one of the first to play this revolutionary gaming platform by supporting LyteShot on Kickstarter.
Adding to the Kickstarter launch, LyteShot will be providing live demos and interviews of the platform using Epson Moverio’s next-generation smart glasses at Epson’s booth (#74728) each morning at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas (January 6-9) demonstrating a fully augmented reality gaming experience.
- LYTESHOT FAN CLUB – Pledge $50 or more – Receive a hard copy of our limited edition LyteShot Poster, a limited edition Lyte ‘Em Up! T-shirt, and LyteShot Slap Band as your fashionable LytePuck holder. Also receive exclusive updates, recognition as a backer on our website, and an exclusive Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- PLAYER 1 READY – Pledge $150 or more – Receive the Lyter & LytePuck set. Be the first to play Assassin on the LyteShot platform and get your friends to do the same! You will also receive an .STL file of 3 LyteShot peripherals for your 3D printer, your name will appear as a backer on our website, and you’ll receive an exclusive Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- PLAYER 2 READY – Pledge $270 or more – Receive 2 sets of the LyteShot system – that’s 2 Lyters and 2 LytePucks to play Assassin as soon as it arrives at your door! You will also receive an .STL file of 3 LyteShot peripherals for your 3D printer, your name will appear as a backer on our website, and you’ll receive an exclusive Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- LYTESHOT VISIONARY – Pledge $700 or more – Receive the Lyter & LytePuck set, and 1 set of Epson’s Moverio BT-200 Glasses! Play Assassin with your new Heads Up Display (HUD) glasses as soon as it arrives at your door. You will also receive an .STL file of 3 LyteShot peripherals for your 3D printer, your name will appear as a Visionary Backer on our website, and you’ll receive an exclusive Visionary Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- LYTESHOT HELIPORTATION – Pledge $5,000 or more (Limited to 1) – Receive everything in the LyteShot Double Visionary package (see Kickstarter for details) plus an exclusive LyteShot Heliplay session with our Founders and one of your friends. You’ll board a private helicopter with your new LyteShot gear at the south Chicago area Municipal Airport and get dropped at a strategic landing point at the Joliet Army Ammunitions Plant to challenge the creators of Assassin at their own game! Package includes 1 overnight hotel stay (dbl occupancy) and lunch with the founders. (Travel to Chicago or heliport not included.)
Take a look at the official LyteShot video:
- Assassin: Besides the option to play the classic rules of Assassin, game of ‘hunt or be hunted,’ Assassin starts by giving players options to set up timeframes, boundaries, special functionalities to make the game more complex (like respawning, late entry, cool-down clock, penalties, private or public options) and more. Players set their timers, receive their dossiers and mugshots, and then use the phone’s geolocation functionalities to find and eliminate their targets. Upon tracking and killing their opponent, LyteShot will automatically update the game status and immediately deliver the next target from the players left remaining in the game. The game ends when the last Assassin eliminates their last target.
- Besieged: A fantasy role-playing game (RPG), Besieged engages teams of players against one another by locating and securing territories that get more complex as the game continues. Players select the roles of warrior, wizard, or ranger — each a distinct class endowed with unique characteristics and abilities — and work cooperatively as a team to obtain and control more strategic objectives (“zones”) than the other team, earning them points over time. As gamers play through multiple matches, they earn experience points and abilities, advancing them with a persistent character, and leveling up to wield greater powers.
Source: Press Release