All new update of classic ’80s puzzle platformer returns to Steam July 13
BELLEVUE, WASH. – June 29, 2017 – Publisher Tozai Games has confirmed a July 13, 2017 launch date for Lode Runner Legacy. The latest edition in the Lode Runner franchise features all of the series’ signature high-adrenaline gameplay with updated Voxel-style visuals and powerful new editors that allow players to create their own Runners and items.
Named one of “The Greatest Games of All Time” by GameSpot, Lode Runner was created in 1983 by Doug Smith while a student at the University of Washington. The game was not only an award-winning bestseller, but also a significant milestone that influenced many in the video game industry. Alexey Pajitnov, creator of Tetris, said of the game,
“My favorite for many, many years. Every level was a real puzzle with its own mechanics, its own dynamics, its own kind of solution. … I can’t imagine any other game with such inventive and unusual design.”
In a tribute to Smith after his death in 2014, US Gamer editor-in-chief Jeremy Parish commented,
“[He] created one of the most innovative formative works of the medium, a game that managed to transcend international boundaries and become a beloved classic among American PC gamers and Japanese console fanatics alike.”
- Adventure Mode: Infiltrate the evil Empire and bring back stolen gold!
- Puzzle Mode: It’s all puzzles, all the time. No enemies allowed.
- Classic mode: Play the original 150 levels in 3D!
- World Levels: An outstanding collection of user-created levels.
- Level Editor: Create your own levels and share with other fans.
- Character Editor: Design your own Runner and enemies.
- Item Editor: Create custom gold items.
- Online Rankings: Compete against other fans in global standings.
- Varying level sizes
- More technical bonuses
- Deadly enemies
- Challenging new AI
- FPS camera view
Check out the Lode Runner Legacy trailer:
Lode Runner Legacy will be available for PC on Steam July 13, 2017.