This is Gaming Cypher’s PC review, done by JessTheArchMage, of Lichtspeer by developer Lichthund.
Lichtspeer has to be the most “messed up” game ever! (in a good way!) You will die, and it tells you that you will die. The Light God is bored and needs a human to fight and die for his amusement. It was reassuring to know that I would have been resurrected from doing just acts. My only thoughts would have been how agonizing it would be to repeatedly die by zombies like that. Never the less the Lichtspeer proved to be a great tool of mass destruction. I felt like I was playing a Angry Birds meets Plants vs Zombies. With assorted hordes of zombies rushing toward me, I found the game to be a hoot!
I loved the soundtrack and all of the German humor that was forged into this game. I really wish this game was available for Tablets and phones, but I guess it is just wishful thinking. Really a basic game, so it could run on a toaster, which is great for people who don’t have high performance machines to play on. This game is a great inovation, with much room and humor to grow on with. I hope they make a sequel and extend the story.
I rate Lichtspeer a solid 8.5/10.
Lichtspeer Key Features:
- Experience an uber fantastich mix – A mix of arcade action and lightspear-throwing simulation
- Battle a diverse legion of gargantuan bosses – Exploit their weaknesses and smash them into pieces
- Discover the lands of ancient Germanic future – Fight hordes of Biedermeier beasts from another dimension: Wurst Zombies, Evil Spacedwarfs, Skater Walruses, you name it.
- Show off your lichtmeister skills – Decapitate your enemies with headshots, execute special attacks, and generate zuper massive combos to improve your score and impress your friends!
- Rave to a bombastich space-soundtrack – Ranging from electro-space marches to vibrating sounds of technocumbia
- Rise to the challenge – See if you got what it takes to beat the cruel Rage Quit and New Game+ modes
Take a look at the Lichtspeer Gameplay Video:
Lichtspeer is now available for PC on Steam and PS4.