Eagerly Anticipated RTS Arrives on PC, Mac, and Linux on August 11, 2017 and PlayStation 4 on August 15, 2017
Ridgewood, NJ – Kalypso Media is excited to reveal that the launch date for Sudden Strike 4 has been set for Friday, August 11, 2017, digitally on Steam worldwide. On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 this legendary RTS series will get its first ever console release on PlayStation 4, available as a digital download from the PlayStation Store and in retail across North America! Sudden Strike 4 will also launch Friday, August 11, 2017 across the UK and European export territories for retail and console.
Kalypso Media is also excited to share a selection of new screenshots that show the detailed, dynamic environments and incredible attention to detail paid to the units and gameplay mechanics of Sudden Strike 4. To give a look at the game from a developer’s point of view, Kalypso has also released three videos in a new ‘General’s Handbook’ series on YouTube. They feature Sudden Strike 4 Producer Christian Schlütter running through basic gameplay principles and discussing how the title has evolved throughout the development process.
Pre-purchase is available now on Steam, which includes a 15% discount, plus a digital soundtrack, digital artbook and the ‘Battle of Kursk’ DLC. Steam customers can download the free Sudden Strike Quiz app on iOS and Android devices in order to unlock further stackable discounts for a total of up to 25% off the pre-purchase of the game.
Key Features of Sudden Strike 4:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and maneuvers to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Take a look at the Sudden Strike 4 Gameplay Trailer:
Sudden Strike 4 is scheduled for a digital release on Steam on Friday, August 11, 2017 worldwide. The physical retail edition for PlayStation 4 and digital download edition on the Playstation Store will launch on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 across North America.