JumpJet Rex is a punishing, old school 2-D platformer where players take control of a Tyrannosaurus Rex with extraterrestrial jump boots to save dino-kind from extinction by a giant asteroid.
As Rex, players will jump, drop and dash through more than 40 challenging levels – 12 at Early Access launch – and race against the clock to not only preserve life during the Mesozoic era, but also prove their platforming prowess against other dino enthusiasts. Players can explore the galaxy and unlock new worlds alone or team up with a friend in co-op mode, where players will need to coordinate movements to get past challenges.
- Killer Old School Gameplay – Remember when platformers were so tough that people would hurt their hands playing, but feel amazing after getting past a level? TreeFortress does…ahh memories. Luckily these reminiscences can be relived in umpJet Rex’s strenuous platforming challenges and retro boss battles.
- Co-op Mode – Saving all of dino-kind from a giant asteroid barreling down on Earth is a pretty tall task for a T-Rex with tiny arms, so players will be able to team up with a friend to take on challenges. Teammates must coordinate efforts to avoid mass obliteration.
- Retro Platformer Flare – JumpJet Rex features beautiful hand-drawn 16-bit graphics and classic chiptune music that transfers dino lovers back to the 2-D glory days of the early ‘90s.
- Secrets and Collectibles – With dozens of items stashed across the galaxy and many secret areas to discover, JumpJet Rex offers plenty to do for the treasure hunters in the room!
- Replayability – With a time challenge twist, players can replay every level multiple times to prove their platforming prowess. Explorers can take it up a notch by racing against their own ghosts – previous versions of themselves, or challenge friends to see who can post the best times!
- Customization and Upgrades – No two TRex’s are alike and fans will be able to customize their character and upgrade their appearance with the loot they collect on their travels.
- Arena Battle – In the future JumpJet Rex will add Arena Battle, where up to four friends can battle it out for dino supremacy. Combatants will shred their sharp claws and teeth into other Rexes in battle modes Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill and more.
- Party Games – After official launch JumpJet Rex will add Party Games that will allow friends to compete in a variety of fun mini games. Groups can share their combined scores to the global leaderboards and prove themselves kings of the dinosaurs.
Here is the official game launch trailer:
JumpJet Rex is now available on Steam Early Access.
Source: Press Release