Five new tanks and half the grind – Furness-update for Heroes & Generals out now
Copenhagen – Danish game studio Reto-Moto introduces five new tanks for the WWII MMOFPS Heroes & Generals in the latest update Furness – Fist of Steel. More than 600 new battlefields have been added to the game’s War Map.
The Soviet faction gets a Tank destroyer, Heavy and Medium Tank and the US faction receives a Tank destroyer and Heavy Tank to balance out the German faction’s previous surplus of tanks.
The new tanks for the Soviet faction are:
- SU-76M Tank Destroyer, regarded as a reliable, easy to use and well liked tank destroyer and the second most produced Soviet armored vehicle of WWII
- T-28 Model 1934, one of the world’s first Medium Tanks predominantly used during the Winter War against Finland.
- KV-85 Heavy Tank, nicknamed by the Germans as the “Russischen Koloss” (the Russian Colossus) due to its heavy armament and sheer size.
The new tanks for the US faction are:
- US M10 Tank Destroyer, often referred to as the ‘Wolverine’ and numerically the most important Tank Destroyer of WWII.
- US M4A3E2 Sherman, nicknamed ‘Jumbo’ and one of the heaviest armored tanks at the time – many of them served as command tanks.
With the Furness – Fist of Steel update, Reto-Moto is also adding more than 600 new battlefields to the War Map of Heroes & Generals bringing the total to a little over 4.200 battlefields.
Cutting the grind in half
As an important part of the Furness – Fist of Steel update, players will also experience a faster Rank Progression as the experience points needed to reach Rank 4-12 have been reduced by more than 50 percent.
“We decided to take a look at the grind in the game, and have eased up the Rank Progression. The benefit of this being that players get to be Squad Leaders earlier and they get to earn more credits giving them more possibilities in the game,” says Jacob Andersen, Game Director at Reto-Moto.
The Furness – Fist of Steel update also contains a batch of new weapon skins, new vehicle camouflage skins and lots of small UI changes for the War Map. The full changelog for the ‘Furness – Fist of Steel’ update can be found here.
Watch the Heroes & Generals New Furness – Fist of Steel Update Trailer:
Currently in open beta, Heroes & Generals has over eight million players and is available for PC on Steam and through the browser. The companion app that supports the strategy part of the game, Heroes & Generals: Mobile Command, is available here for iOS and Android.