tinyBuild GAMES has announced that the Hello Neighbor Beta 3 is out now and available (for those of you who have the game it should auto-update – make sure you’re opted out of all betas as pictured here) There’s a BOSS, a BASEMENT, and more.
- Beta 3 is out now in Early Alpha Access on PC
- Has a boss
- Has a basement
- Reworked Fear rooms
- Stability is good
- AI navigates ladders
- Contains only about 40% of the game
- Alpha 2 is free for everyone
- Everyone who downloaded previous alphas have a link in their inbox
- Release date changed to December 8
- Engine upgrade and move to release code caused a nightmare of stability issues as witnessed in previous betas
- Decided to delay instead of cutting / splicing features or releasing a buggy game
First off, FEAR FACTORY was removed. The idea behind it was to teach players how to use a superthrow ability. NPCs would surround the player, give him an item, and then chase the item if the player throws it. Repeat 10 times and you’d learn you can hold down mouse2 for that. It’s neat in theory, but gameplay wise we spent a bit too much time on it. The artwork as well. So it’s a shame to cut it, but it’s just not fun enough. Players now have the superthrow ability by default.
Got a major rework. The goal of the level is to get 5 items into a grocery cart, and go past checkout. You need to get the same items as NPCs are gathering. If an NPC sees you, he will try to run at you and catch you. This is the lose condition.
The level used to play like this:
- If you’re getting chased, stand still (not even move the mouse) for a second, and you become invisible
- If you get caught, you’d respawn with the cart in the beginning of the level
- Crouch and don’t move – you’re instantly invisible
- Less NPCs spawn in the level
- If you get caught, the cart stays where it was
- Watchout for NPCs stealing something from it while it’s there
- Checkout has lights that confirm how many items you have collected properly
- Lowered the size of some items so they fit into the cart easier
Check Out the Hello Neighbor Beta 3 Launch Producers Update:
You can read the full update here.