Rockstar Games has received a list of complaints from GTA Online players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release.
Rockstar Support stated,
“We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value.”
They also listed a bunch of issues below:
General network/cloud server issues
- “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Errors about jobs failing to start or load
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session
- Long matchmaking load screens, eventually timing out after 10-15 minutes
- Offline (disc-based) and online content mixing on the Jobs list
- Ending up in a free-roam session with no jobs/markers on the map while playing as a temporary character during a cloud outage
Issues getting past the first Tutorial Race
10/5/13 Note: The main Tutorial blocking issues were resolved in Title Update 1.02.
- Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
- Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
- Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race
Social Club Issues
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.
Have you run into any issues?