After eight years of development, Geneshift is launching on Steam May 23, 2017
Drive like a maniac in this top-down shooter with GTA2-style vehicles and MOBA-style skills. Not only can you commit drive-by shootings and blow bad guys up with car bombs – but you’re able to teleport, go invisible and launch fireballs at them, too!
As you play you’ll gain cash and level up your mutant – unlocking extra powerful weapons, vehicles and skills. In the co-op campaign, these help you save the world from a zombie outbreak. In PvP, they just give you more fun ways to kick ass.
- 5v5 multiplayer combat: Battle in game modes such as Capture the Flag, Checkpoint Racing, and Zombie Survival
- 4-player co-op campaign: Play the story solo or with friends online – and save the world from a mysterious outbreak
- Insane vehicle action: Ride with allies to commit drive-by shootings, detonate car bombs, and capture key objectives
- 20+ brutal weapons: Fire pistols, shotguns, snipers, explosives … or save up for deadly superweapons
- 30+ tactical skills: Create complex skill builds as you gain experience and permanently level up your mutant
- Secret base building: Place hidden chemicals to gain secret benefits such as spying on enemies and teleportation
- Leaderboards and difficulties: Replay the campaign in 4 difficulty levels, and set high scores on various leaderboards
- User-generated maps: Create maps in the editor and unlock kick-ass cosmetics whenever your maps are played.
Check Out the Geneshift Trailer:
Geneshift will launch on Steam Early Access for Windows and Linux on May 23. During the first week, the game will be on sale at a 20% discount – bringing the price down to $7.99. On May 30, Geneshift will be available at the retail price of $9.99.
A demo is also available on the Steam store – providing free access to multiplayer with no time restrictions: http://store.steampowered.com/app/308600