The first set of speakers for the devcom developer conference has been revealed: between Craig Morrison (Design Manager at Blizzard, Irvine), Ivan Buchta (Creative Director at Bohemia Interactive, Prague) and Alexander Fernandez (CEO of Streamline Studios, Singapore), numerous leading games industry voices from all over the world have confirmed their appearance. This has been announced today by Aruba Events, Koelnmesse (Cologne Trade Fair) and BIU – the German games industry association, who are creating up the new industry meeting devcom. The first sessions at the devcom developer conference highlight its international focus and varied program. Its topics include virtual reality, mobile games and game design.
A quick overview:
- Craig Morrison, Design Manager, Blizzard: The Power of Us – Ten rules for forging genuine creative collaboration
- Craig Morrison, a lecturer and experienced MMO-designer working with Blizzard, will lay out clear rules for effective collaboration in small or large creative teams
- Alexander Fernandez, CEO, Streamline Studios: The evolution of game development into Co-Development
- Alex Fernandez, an entrepreneur and expert on outsourcing, is going to examine the current development landscape, which requires close cooperation between developers, publishers and contractors
- Ivan Buchta, Creative Director, Bohemia Interactive: Geodata in Environments of Arma and DayZ
- Ivan Buchta will explain Bohemia Interactive’s unique approach of using geodata and geoinformatics to create realistic environments for their games
- Karoliina Korppoo, Game Designer of Colossal Order and member of devcom’s Advisory Board, says: “The call to papers has been answered by nearly 250 people from all fields of the games industry. We have received wonderful suggestions for talks, panels and workshops. The board is already hard at work selecting the best possible speaker line-up for devcom.”
- Glen Schofield, Co-Founder of Sledgehammer Games and member of devcom’s Advisory Board, adds: “With the close integration with gamescom, the diversity of talks, panels and summits and the proven competence of the board I am sure that we’re looking forward to an exciting devcom in August.”
The brand new games industry meeting devcom will take place for the first time this summer as a side event to gamescom. From the 20th to the 24th of August (Sunday to Thursday), devcom will offer a varied lineup of events, including the devcom developer conference on Monday, the devcom summits and a new networking area, the devcom developer lounge.
Beyond keynotes and panels, the devcom developer conference also includes workshops, summits, master classes and matchmaking:
- devcom master classes are a set of two three-hour round tables for up to 40 participants, hosted daily on topics such as marketing, game design, production and sales
- devcom summits are three one-day summits focusing on mobile gaming, virtual reality and monetization respectively
In addition to devcom, gamescom’s own official keynotes will take place from Tuesday to Thursday. Finally, this exclusive program will be rounded out by the indie conference RESPAWN. With its wide range of talks, workshops, tutorials and keynotes, devcom has the right event for anybody working in the games industry, from students of game design and young professionals to senior developers and managers in leadership roles.
You can find additional information on devcom and its individual events and conferences at devcom.global