Free Update Adds Regalia Upgrades, Music from Episode Prompto and More
LOS ANGELES – The world of FINAL FANTASY XV continues to expand with the release of Episode Prompto, the new downloadable content (DLC) where players can experience a brand-new storyline from the perspective of the fan-favorite character. Players will get a glimpse into the human side of the cheerful photographer, as Prompto Argentum and Aranea Highwind embark across a snowy wilderness with an array of new weapons to battle Imperial forces.
Episode Prompto features:
- A brand-new storyline where Prompto, lost in the wilderness and battling against the Imperial forces, must find his way home and discover the truth about himself in the process
- Fast-paced, third-person gunplay battles featuring a wide variety of weapons, including basic handguns, sniper rifles, flash grenades, bazookas and more
- A new lightning fast snowmobile vehicle can be driven for taking down enemies and perform death-defying jumps while venturing through the wilderness
- Commodore Aranea Highwind and her mighty lance return to journey alongside Prompto
- Selfie Action – Players will have the ability to snap selfies along the way, carrying over Prompto’s Snapshot skill from the main game
SQUARE ENIX also released a free update today that gives players the ability to upgrade the Regalia to the new Type-D model at Hammerhead. This new update gives the player greater freedom to drive the Regalia off-road through various environments. Finally, the update also includes new Episode Prompto themed tracks in the Regalia, various fixes and more.
Here is the FINAL FANTASY XV – Episode Prompto Trailer:
FINAL FANTASY XV’s Episode Prompto is available now as a standalone package for $4.99 through the PlayStation Store and Xbox Games store or as part of the Season Pass.
About FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Prompto
Prompto fell from a speeding train and became separated from Noctis and his comrades during a point in their journey. Days later, Prompto is caught wandering alone in the snowy wilderness by imperial forces and imprisoned in a facility where he will discover previously unknown, shocking truths about himself. Along the way, he encounters Aranea Highwind, as the two fight alongside one another to escape the imperial army.
About FINAL FANTASY XV
With a captivating cast of characters, breathtaking visuals, open world exploration and thrilling action-packed real time combat, FINAL FANTASY XV is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY experience for both newcomers to the series and series fans alike.
FINAL FANTASY XV is available now worldwide. This game is rated T (Teen).