With the update, players with high-end PCs will be able to go in to their settings and toggle between running the game with a 30 FPS cap or a 60 FPS cap. Additionally, players will be able to disable the letterbox “black bars” in the game settings — allowing you to maximize your screen’s real estate.
Below are the update Notes:
- Frame lock settings added
- In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap.
- Letterbox setting
- UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at >30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes
If you play The Evil Within today, the game will patch automatically with the new game update.
The Evil Within is now out for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.