More than 18,000 professional gamers and high-tech enthusiasts are expected to experience the most exciting and intense gaming event of the year from March 26 to 28, 2016 in France
Poitiers, France– January 21, 2016 – Gamers Assembly, the largest eSports event in France dedicated to the online gaming community, has announced that it will be hosting its 17th edition from March 26th to March 28th 2016 at Poitiers Exhibition Centre in France. This year, Gamers Assembly is expected to gather more than 18,000 visitors including 1,600 esports professionals and other gaming aficionados. During 72 hours, participants will be able to compete in more than 15 gaming tournaments, visit 50 exhibitors and partners, attend 12 conferences, round tables and other interactive activities spread over 160,000 sf and 3 halls.
Brainchild of Futurolan, a non-profit organization, the Gamers Assembly was created in 2000 with the ambition to become one of France and Europe leading esports event. Fast-forward 16 years and the Gamers Assembly has developed into the largest LAN party in Europe with 14,000 visitors in 2015. For years, it has been hosting thousands of gamers from all over the globe challenging each other in venues which size is expanding constantly.
“We are really pleased to be able to offer gamers a unique event where they are the stars. Gamers Assembly has established itself over the years as an undeniable part of the European gaming and esports landscape, bringing with each edition a lot of novelties and surprises.” Explains Vincent Colas, President of Futurolan. “We are very proud of the progress and sincerely hope that this year’s program will delight our fans, but also our new visitor”
Gamers Assembly offers an intense and varied program not only for professional players but also for casual gamers and the entire family! During three days, all are invited to immerse themselves and experience the world of video games, esports and technology, participating in one-of-a kind interactive activities.
Professional esports players from around the globe compete in large tournaments on stage playing games including League of Legends, Counter Strike, StarCraft II, Hearthstone, Call of Duty or Street Fighter. A total of 100,000 euros in prize cash will be granted to celebrate more than 1,600 players registered through the various competitions.
Gamers Assembly 2016 Program
- 15 Professional Tournaments: League of Legends, Counter Strike, Hearthstone, Starcraft II, Heroes of the Storm, Team Fortress 2, Shootmania Elite, Trackmania, Rocket League, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, FIFA 2016 … and many others!
- HWBOT Overclocking Competition European Finals: exclusive European chapter of the 2016 HWBOT World Series, showcasing best-in class PC optimization tweak challenges.
- Cosplay Competition: video games, Pop culture, movies…
come and admire the costumes and embodiments of your favorite characters!
- Dedicated « Digital Families » Areas: families are invited to explore various themed zones such as Connected families, Retrogaming, Schools of the future, Digital Generations, Fablabs, Silver Geek and Culture & Art 2.0.
- 12 conferences and round tables: Guest Speakers will be discussing various exciting topics related to the world of video games (creation, education, culture).
- 50 exhibitors and partners: Relax and discover the latest products and trends presented by industry professionals.
For more information about Gamers Assembly visit here.