Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today released a new Elite Dangerous: Horizons trailer, announcing the game’s release date next week on December 15, 2015.
The developer also announced that anyone who pre-orders now from FrontierStore.net will receive immediate access to Elite Dangerous, and can start playing right away. Elite Dangerous: Horizons will be available on Steam soon, and all FrontierStore.net customers will have the option of exporting a personal Steam key to add Elite Dangerous: Horizons to their library.
Take a look at the trailer below, showing planetary landing gameplay across a variety of worlds. Planetary Landings is just the start of Horizons’ season of expansions, all for the one-off price.
And, here is the Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing gameplay trailer:
Following Planetary Landings, additional expansions will come online to Elite Dangerous: Horizons in 2016, including:
- Loot and Crafting, unlocking a world of customization options and adding new value and meaning to every action.
- Multicrew, allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.
- Commander Creation, giving a unique appearance to players’ in-game avatars.
- Ship-Launched Fighters, allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense.
- New Missions and Ships, expanding the already massive amount of playable content.
- New Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Arenas, providing additional challenges to prove multiplayer superiority.
The developer will be keeping the Elite Dangerous community together in the same galaxy, and they will continue their full support for Elite Dangerous.