Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) has announced that Elite Dangerous: Horizons is available now.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons Key Points:
- Elite Dangerous: Horizons is a SEASON of expansions for Elite Dangerous. You pay one price, you get multiple expansions this year and next. Like what? Like these!
- The season begins with Planetary Landings, available NOW. You can land on fully simulated planets throughout the Milky Way.
- These planets are as real as it gets – full size, simulated based on real physics, with realistic gravity and terrain. And best of all: loaded with gameplay.
- The developer is still supporting Elite Dangerous with regular updates on all platforms, and all players will continue to share the same galaxy. Keeping the community together was important to us.
- Horizons is available on FrontierStore.net and Steam for PC. We’ll be able to talk about other formats in the future.
Here are the new Elite Dangerous: Horizons screenshots:
And, take a look at the launch trailer:
In the UK and parts of North America you will see Elite Dangerous advertised before Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Elite’s co-creator David Braben (and our CEO) has spoken many times about how Star Wars was a huge influence on the original Elite waaaaaay back in 1984, so the developer is genuinely excited to be a part of it.