In a press release just received by Gaming Cypher, EA Sports announced that it has extended its agreement as the official sports technology partner of the Premier League until 2019.
Over 200 New Stunning Digital Player Models, New Broadcast Package, and All 20 Club Stadiums Now Featured in EA SPORTS FIFA 15
GUILDFORD, England–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ and the Premier League have extended their existing agreement until the end of the 2018/19 season, which now incorporates the sponsorship of the League’s Goal Decision System.
As a longstanding partner of the Premier League, EA SPORTS has been connecting to real world football through a number of partnership initiatives with the Premier League, including the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index – an in-depth statistics matrix measuring player’s all round contribution – and the Fantasy Premier League game.
The new agreement will showcase the Barclays Premier League as the most authentic league in EA SPORTS FIFA 15, with an unprecedented level of detail in the players and all 20 stadiums, as well as the integration of broadcast quality graphics, audio and commentary that ensures FIFA 15 fans will feel the emotion and intensity of the most popular football league in the world. The deal has given EA SPORTS access to all 20 Barclays Premier League clubs to enable the FIFA 15 team to capture 3D head scans of over 200 players, build realistic stadiums for all 20 League clubs, and capture the emotion of the crowd by recording live match atmosphere during the 2013/14 season.
“We’re extremely pleased to announce the extension of our partnership with the Premier League, the most played league in EA SPORTS FIFA,” said Peter Moore, Chief Operating Officer, EA. “It brings our award-winning game to new levels of authenticity and realism, and enables fans to immerse themselves in the drama and emotion of the league. And as a life-long Liverpool FC fan, I know exactly how that feels!”
“EA SPORTS is a long term licensee of the Premier League and we are extremely pleased to extend our existing agreements with them, and to add new elements to our partnership including their sponsorship of the Goal Decision System,” commented Richard Scudamore, Chief Executive of the Premier League. “They have worked with our clubs to enhance thePremier League element of FIFA 15 like never before and, combined with their sponsorship of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index and our Fantasy Premier League game, they continue to engage with football fans in a variety of innovative and exciting ways.”
The new agreement enables FIFA 15 to showcase the Barclays Premier League in the most authentic representation ever, by including the following features*:
- Broadcast Graphics – Broadcast quality overlay graphics that are synonymous with the international TV broadcasts will communicate to fans all the important game information: team sheets, formations, score and clock, next fixture, player stats, and more.
- Audio and Commentary – The ambience and cheers of over 20 Barclays Premier League matches were recorded and implemented into FIFA 15 to bring realistic audio to goals, misses, whistles, and crowd-specific chants. The Barclays Premier League Anthem will also play at the start of each League match up.
- All 20 Stadiums – Every stadium in the Barclays Premier League is in the game and looks, feels, and sounds just as it does in real life, including authentic representation of animated LEDs and advertising boards.
- Authentic Player Headscans – Using the latest 3D scanning technology, the FIFA 15 development team visited every Barclays Premier League club in the 2013/14 season to scan players and capture their likeness. Over 200 new player heads will be scanned into FIFA 15, giving them the most realistic player model possible.
- Goal Decision System – Making its debut in FIFA 15, Goal Decision System will leave no question as to whether or not the ball crossed the line. Replay animations will emulate TV broadcasts playing after close calls and goal line clearances.
Take a look at the FIFA 15 New Player Faces & Stadiums Barclays Premier League video below:
FIFA 15, developed at EA Canada, will release 26 September on PC, Xbox One and PS4, and is available for pre-order now on Origin and other retailers. A version of FIFA 15 will also release on the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PS3 , Wii, Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita handheld entertainment system this Fall. Not all game features are available on all gaming platforms.
Source: Press Release