Now, more details and screenshots have emerged. Here is how the developer describes the game:
Show Your True Colors
Splatter enemies and claim your turf as the ink-spewing, squid-like characters called Inklings in Nintendo’s new third-person action shooter game for the Wii U console. Challenge your friends in chaotic four-on-four matches, in which the goal is to get your ink on as many places as possible and claim your turf, all while strategically submerging yourself in your team’s colors and blasting your enemies. This is a colorful and chaotic online third-person action shooter – exclusively on Wii U.
- Team up and take on other teams in an action-filled battle to cover the level with as much ink as possible. Spray walls to access hard-to-reach areas.
- Covering more territory with ink unlocks powered-up super weapons that can be used to attack rivals or cover more turf.
- Strategy is everything. Defeat enemies to splatter them in an explosion of ink, covering more turf for your team. But choose wisely: Players who only go after the enemy might find their turf redecorated in their enemies’ colors.
- Refill ink tanks, hide from opponents or move faster by turning into a squid and diving into the ink with the tap of a button.
- Select between multiple control options on the Wii U GamePad controller, including using gyroscopic controls to look around, allowing for better aiming and control.
- Hop online and battle in four-on-four matches.
*Broadband Internet access required for online play. Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.
Take a look at the new Splatoon screenshots below:
Take a look at the game reactions video at E3:
Splatoon will release for Wii U during the first half of 2015. Are you looking forward to playing?
Source: Nintendo E3