Developer Yacht Club Games has announced that Shovel Knight will release in North America on June 26 for Wii U 3DS and PC.
Here is how the developer describes Shovel Knight:
Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old!
Play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and to quest for his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
But, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress, and they’ll pursue their mission at any cost. If you love games with perfect platforming, beautiful art, infectious music, crazy bosses, humor and levity, and real heart… Shovel Knight is for you!
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- Modern touches including detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Collect Relics and upgrades to enhance your shoveling skills.
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order.
Exclusive Nintendo 3DS Features:
- StreetPass Arena
- Stereoscopic Backgrounds
Exclusive Wii U Features:
- Supports off-TV play
- Miiverse integration in every room
Here are some game screenshots:
Below you can view the Shovel Knight trailer:
Source: Nintendo E3