In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher this morning, Square Enix announced that DRAGON QUEST V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride is now available for mobile devices.
LOS ANGELES (Jan. 22, 2015) – SQUARE ENIX® today announced that its critically acclaimed role-playing game, DRAGON QUEST V™: Hand of the Heavenly Bride® is now available on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android devices. Featuring a grand adventure that spans three generations of a family’s legacy, players can take their place among a family of heroes, sharing in all the triumphs and tragedies.
The second title in the Zenithian trilogy, DRAGON QUEST V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride tells the story of a young Hero traveling the world with his father, Pankraz. Over the course of their many adventures, and after discovering a world filled with peculiar creatures and fantastical realms, he grows up and resolves to continue his father’s unfinished quest – to find the Legendary Hero.
Key features include:
- Make Friends with Mighty Monsters – The fearsome monsters faced in battle can now become a player’s friend, allowing them to access unique spells, abilities and a host of strategic possibilities.
- AI Battles – Faithful companions can be instructed to fight automatically. Players can use various tactics to fight off the toughest enemies with ease.
- Converse With Party Members – The party chat function allows players to converse freely with a cast of colorful characters for advice and idle chitchat.
- The Casino – With slot machines, poker, the monster arena and the exciting slime races of the slurpodrome, the casino provides players with light relief when the pressures of adventuring prove too great.
- Treasures ‘n’ Trapdoors – With a dice in hand, players can roll their way around specifically designed game boards enjoying a whole range of events as they go.
- Bruise the Ooze – The slime-smashing mini-game introduced in the Nintendo DS™ version is back with a bang. Players can tap slimes within a time limit to earn points in this super simple, yet fiendishly addictive, goo-splatting extravaganza.
With its simple and intuitive controls that work perfectly with the vertical layout of mobile devices (facilitating both one and two-handed play), DRAGON QUEST V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride also allows players to rotate their viewpoint in towns and villages through a full 360-degree view. In addition, the title includes work from the legendary trio of creators – Master Creator Yuji Horii, revolutionary Music Composer Koichi Sugiyama and Art Director Akira Toriyama – setting forth a truly stunning and thrilling tale.
Take a look at the game’s launch trailer:
Source: Press Release