In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher today, developer Yanim Studio has detailed its action, adventure game, Red Goddess.
Red Goddess is a nonlinear side-scroller platformer with combat and stealth situations in an adventure to explore the inner-mind of a Young Goddess with the objective of remembering and recovering her own powers. In Red Goddess, you play as a troubled deity named Divine, who feels confused and haunted by her past. Something mysterious and unknown is tearing her apart from the inside out, destroying her mind, her soul and Divine herself! The journey begins when Divine decides to right this wrong by exploring her own subconscious, where she will discover a planet within her own mind made up of mountains, forests, caves and perils unknown.
We’re an indie developer “Yanim Studio” primarily known as a high-end character animation and visual effects studio. Game credits within the team include: Deadlight, Risen, Wanted: Weapons of Fate. We would like to talk you why is unique Red Goddess:
- Explore the mind a young goddess.
- Fight against the “dark thoughts” and an invisible enemy “The narrator”
- Possess and move elements of the planet to uncover the mysteries from the past of the main character
- Combination of brawl and platform action in an epic and compelling story.
We could resume the gameplay in the following points:
- Explore a mysterious Planetdominated by the subconscious mind of the main character. The narrator is a character who will lead the player, he’s mysterious and dangerous, he has the knowledge and the past holds the secret of Divine, the young goddess.
- Character ball gameplay, you can select only “half” of the main character (either Rage or Fear). The other half is inactive and appears as a ball. Once the alarm is activated the ball will turn against you.
- Unlock spectacular powers as: double jump, fly, and the power to slow motion. The player will have to find and collect memory crystals to unlock new skills and enter new zones.
- Possess and move elements of the planet to uncover the mysteries from the past of the main character.
- Switchfrom one of three characters to use different tools fighter (Divine, Fear and Rage).
Red Goddess is being developed with the new “Unreal Engine 4,” by a six people team and soundtrack by Sonotriggerset. It is scheduled to release on Linux, Mac, PC, PS4, and Wii U in February 2015
Source: Press Release