Developer Dice just announced that it’s hiring for a great software engineering opportunity at their ESN studio in Uppsala, Sweden.
You can view the official job listing below:
Software Engineer Battlelog
We are ESN, a development studio founded on the belief that uncompromising quality and cutting edge technology put together creates the very best user experience.
We pioneered the development of real-time web and web centric gaming almost 10 years ago and have since then grown from a gang of garage coders into a team of dedicated developers deploying a vast arsenal of tools to get the job done.
Located in downtown Uppsala (Sweden) we now muscle 20 developers, system architects and designers situated in spacious offices.
We are looking for game engineers that can help us bridge the gap between our companion experience (Battlelog) and the game team. As we move towards the next generation of consoles our companion experiences will be more integrated with the game than ever before. You will work closely with both the game team and our companion team to design, develop and support our features both on a game client level as well as on a backend level.
What skills does ESN look for?
- Excellent C/C++ knowledge
- 3+ years of software engineering experience from the games industry or equivalent experience (developing for concurrency, memory and/or performance)
- Experience of scalable distributed systems, including performance & storage considerations
- Networking knowledge
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of quality
- Strong language skills – excellent spoken and written English
- Good understanding of databases and efficient data storage
- Strong in python, ruby, perl or similar scripting languages
- Comfortable working with Unix type systems
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a CV and cover letter in English.
Let us know if you will be applying for this position or just pass this along to someone who might be interested.