A new demo is available for DEX – the acclaimed cyberpunk RPG developed by Czech studio Dreadlocks and published by BadLand Games – on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam/PC. Immerse yourself in Harbor Prime and get a taste for augmentation at Dr. Niles Clinic.
Official Demo Link:
The brand new demo is bursting with never-before-seen story elements and enhanced gameplay. Complete the free demo and get a chance to win a selection of fantastic digital rewards – ranging from Dex wallpapers to avatars and an artbook of the game.
Just for completing the demo, players will receive digital versions of the rewards shown here:
EU ONLY: GET 50% OFF DEX IN THE PLAYSTATION EASTER SALE!
The PlayStation Easter Sale starts today – and Dex is now 50% off for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. The sale runs April 5-26 and is available only for EU customers at the moment.
PlayStation 4 & PS Vita (EU):
WIN 1 OF 20 DEX PS4, XBOX ONE OR STEAM CODES
To celebrate the release of the new Dex demo, BadLand Games is giving away game codes to a select lucky few. Each of 20 winners will get to choose the platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One or Steam.
To have a chance of winning a code, simply complete the actions in the link below. The more actions you complete, the better chance you’ll have of winning a copy of the game!
Here is the New DEX Story Trailer:
Published by BadLand Games, Dex tells the story of a young girl named “Dex”, who is being chased by corporate mercs for an undisclosed reason. With nowhere to go, Dex is forced to question her own existence while dodging vicious attackers across a dreary city of the future. However, Dex is not alone: A trio of “hacktivists”, the mysterious Raycast, protective Decker, and light-minded Tony, are ready and willing to help Dex in her quest.
The streets of Harbor Prime offer countless opportunities to fight against dangerous gangs, expose corporate secrets, dive into the depths of cyberspace, develop Dex’s skills and much more. The outskirts of the city are plagued by crime, poverty and filth. Out there, every day presents a new struggle for survival. The wealthier districts are full of skyscrapers and bustling businesses. Yet beneath the sleek exterior, another war is going on, with powerful corporations constantly at each other’s throats. Woe to those who get caught in the crossfire!
Dex KEY FEATURES:
- Rare mix of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions combined with hand-drawn characters, animations, locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or everyday reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, or special equipment.
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a straightforward brawler, a hacker or a silent assassin? Improve your character and gear to unlock game-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your play style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and return back to your body in a fraction of a second to see the results: deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk storyline: Inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors — sprinkled with elements of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime — a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, rundown shanty towns, and seedy red light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and (of course!) try to stay alive.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogue using hand-drawn sprite animations — fully voice-acted by professional voice over artists.