LOS ANGELES (Feb. 17, 2015) — With over 4.7 million downloads worldwide on the iOS and Android devices, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that its popular zombie card battle RPG, DEADMAN’S CROSS is now available for the PlayStation®Vita system via the PlayStation®Network among the Americas.
Previously available exclusively on mobile devices, the new enhancements include trophy support and optimized controls for the PlayStation®Vita system. The game is free-to-play with in-game purchases and can carry over saves* from the mobile game so both new players as well as veterans can enjoy the zombie madness on the PlayStation®Vita system.
*Deadman Coins can only be used on the device they were purchased on.
Key features of the game include:
- Over 400 kinds of zombies to catch, enhance and battle. New cards will be continuously introduced through updates
- Battle engine designed by Hiroyuki Ito, creator of FINAL FANTASY®’s famed Active Time Battle System
- A First Person Shooter (FPS) element perfectly suited for PlayStation®Vita system controls, giving players an opportunity to defeat deadmen in the field and obtain cards for your arsenal.
- Co-op and PVP play enabled with players across all platforms of the game
- Multi-screen experience that allows players to carry both the story and content between the mobile and PlayStation®Vita system version
Starting today, Welcome Back Campaign is available for a limited time. Players for those who have played DEADMAN’S CROSS in the past and also have not logged into the game once since January 17th2015 can obtain certain special items when they logged in from today through the end of March.
Additionally, fans can expect a new collaboration event with CAPCOM’s RESIDENT EVIL™ REVELATIONS 2 scheduled on February 25th.
About DEADMAN’S CROSS
DEADMAN’S CROSS is a zombie-themed collectible card battle RPG, from the same team that brought the multimillion-download hit GUARDIAN CROSS®. The outbreak of an unknown virus has devastated the world and left it overrun by the living dead. Players must hunt down these Deadmen and build their own undead horde to fight for both survival and entertainment. Take on jobs from other survivors to earn experience and resources and seek to become the world’s best Deadman hunter.
Much like Guardian Cross, DEADMAN’S CROSS offers far more than strategic and in-depth card battles. Complete jobs for a host of colorful NPCs to reveal their unique storylines and unravel the secrets surrounding the cause of the zombie apocalypse. Team up with other players from around the world in an all-new Clan system, and together tackle missions with large-scale objectives. With all this and more, DEADMAN’S CROSS brings new life-after-death to the card game genre.
Here is the launch trailer:
Source: Press Release