That Day We Left aims to provide a realistic view of the Syrian political and humanitarian issue that is the refugee crisis – from a refugee’s point of view. That Day We Left is a 3D adventure game that, like Inner Void’s previous title, ICY, focuses on meaningful choices and immersive narrative. Combined with resource management akin to survival games, That Day We Left offers a healthy balance of gameplay and storytelling.
Thanks to the use of real situations found in stories reported by refugees, there is a great sense of realism in the events that happen in the game. Due to the nature of the topic, InnerVoid strives to present the human aspect of the crisis and depict characters that are fleshed out and believable.
That Day We Left allows the player to experience the journey from a refugee’s perspective. You will assume the role of Rashid, the head of a family escaping the horrors of war to seek refuge in Europe. How far will you go to assure the safety of your family and yourself?
That Day We Left Key Features:
- Realistic portrayal of a journey of a group of refugees.
- Highly believable and fleshed-out characters.
- Meaningful choices that challenge your resolve.
- Survival-style resource management combined with adventure gameplay.
- Neutral representation of the crisis that refuses to preach or take sides.
Here is That Day We Left official Kickstarter Trailer:
An early alpha demo is available for public download on GameJolt, Itch.io & IndieDB.