Hamburg, February 26th, 2016 – Huzzah, here we go again! Daedalic Entertainment continues the most successful German adventure series of all time and unleashes Rufus on players’ screens for the fourth time.
Players won’t have to wait long for the game’s launch: Daedalic Entertainment is releasing Deponia Doomsday on March 1st as a digital download for PC, Mac and Linux at a price of USD/€29,99. Retail and console versions for PC, PS4 and Xbox One will follow over the course of the year.
About Deponia Doomsday:
The flying city of Elysium has fallen, hideous Fewlocks inhabit the junk planet Deponia and Rufus is apparently the sole (human) survivor. He sees only one way out: Deponia must be blown up.
Terrified, Rufus awakes in his bed. Was that a dream or a vision? Fortunately, Rufus can check this right away as the oddball Professor McChronicle has detected several time anomalies. It’s rather handy that Rufus finds a time machine and immediately sets out to duly muddle up the past, present and future.
- Dystopia vs. Utopia mixed with Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium and Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar – Welcome to Deponia Doomsday!
- Following Goodbye Deponia, the first game developed 100% by Jan Müller-Michaelis (alias Poki)
- Fan service: Some players called for an alternate ending and another part to the Deponia saga
- Rufus travels through time – with dramatic consequences
- Goal, Lonzo, Lotti and even Wenzel – Reunions with familiar and over 70 new oddball characters
- The player discovers the floating city of Elysium for the first time
- With around 20 hours of gameplay and over 100 game backgrounds, Deponia Doomsday is the largest and most elaborate Deponia game so far
- Deponia Doomsday serves a timeless (!) genre and once again resurrects classic adventures
About the Deponia saga
As a trilogy, Deponia, Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia tell the most successful German adventure story of all time. The series has so far sold over 2.2 million copies and is the absolute favorite among Daedalic fans. The adventures take place on the junk planet Deponia and its idiosyncratic environment. The inhabitants of Deponia live in a bizarre world of garbage and recycling materials. Antihero and inventor Rufus, for whom simply nothing goes right, wants to escape from here to the spaceship Elysium to live the high life, in the truest sense of the word. However, he makes it no further than the grouchy officials of Organon that patrol Deponia on giant monorail cruisers high up in the air. Rufus meets the Elysian Goal, who he falls desperately in love with. She is the key to Elysium. A turbulent comedy of errors ensues, in the course of which Rufus somewhat accidentally triggers a revolution and a multitude of other remarkable disasters.
The humorous, multi-award winning Deponia series, consisting of classic point & click adventure games with hand-drawn 2D comic graphics, spiced with sarcastic dialog and black humor aplenty, was widely praised by the industry press and was awarded top review scores and major prizes. “Chaos on Deponia”, the second game in the series, was named the “Best German Game 2013” at the German Video Game Awards.
Here is the Deponia Doomsday announcement trailer:
You can find Deponia: The Complete Journey on Steam. Deponia Doomsday will release March 1, 2016. Retail and console versions for PC, PS4 and Xbox One will follow over the course of the year.