Berlin-based indie developers Maschinen-Mensch are happy to announce the release of their roguelike expedition sim, The Curious Expedition. The game is available on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store for $/€14.99. In the first week of sale, there’s a 15% discount. Special Editions of the game can be purchased on the official website of The Curious Expedition.
The Curious Expedition is a roguelike expedition simulation set in the late 19th century. Together with famous historical personalities, players will venture on unprecedented expeditions to regions never explored before for fame, science and treasures. They will put on their pith helmets and khakis and make their way through a lush, procedurally generated world full of wonder and mystery.
The Curious Expedition Key Features:
- Explore procedurally generated worlds, each with its own distinctive set of challenges for the ambitious explorer
- Plan and equip your trek. A good explorer is prepared for any eventuality
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance your needs with the desire to carry all that precious treasure back home.
- Visit and interact with the land’s natives. Enter villages, trade and communicate with local tribes and civilizations that are unknown to mankind.
- Loot mysterious temple ruins to gain fame and treasures, but watch out for deadly traps and curses that will compromise your trek and the world around you
- Equip and utilize miraculous treasures to gain advantages, but be wary of unforeseeable side effects
- Fight and defend your trek against a wide range of wild animals, mystical creatures and even dinosaurs