Developer Paradox Interactive has announced Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords.
With an expanded map, revised interface and new rules for successions and trade, Horse Lords will immerse you in a world very different from the fixed settlements of Europe and challenge you to become the Great Khan – the Ruler of the Sky.
Features in the coming Horse Lords expansion:
- Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
- Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
- Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
- Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
- Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
- Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
- Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
- Horse Lords is the eighth major expansion to Crusader Kings II and will be coming to major digital retailers very soon. In the meantime, prepare to meet the Great Khan on the field of battle; your stone walls won’t help you.
Take a look at the new Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords announcement trailer: