Episode 3 of Backer-Exclusive Story Preview Released
Denver, CO, February 26, 2016 – Developer Abyssal Arts has announced that City of the Shroud has been successfully Greenlit by the Steam community after only three weeks and is on track for release on Windows and Mac.
The developer has also released the latest episode of City of the Shroud’s story preview to backers of the original Kickstarter campaign. Players have chosen to side with Azura and Navid, locking the two leaders into a dangerous struggle for power, and leaving Zem weakened. But what will happen now that one of the leaders of Iskendrun has been made vulnerable?
While the original Kickstarter has been cancelled with plans to return in April, the developer is continuing the community-driven story through to the conclusion as planned. Backers are able to influence the final episode (#4) coming in early March, by playing through episode 3.
City of the Shroud Features:
- Brand-new type of tactical gameplay using our real-time tactical fighting system
- New approach to interactive fiction based on your and every other player’s actions
- Written by Moira Katson, a chart-topping independent author (#1 downloaded title on Amazon Fantasy 3 times in 2 years)
- Single player, episodic campaign with fierce AI battles
- Online PVP multiplayer
- Deep combo and stat system lets you customize your character to suit your playstyle
- Customize your character’s appearance through mod support
- A distinctive world, beautifully realized in 2D and 3D