Ripstone Games announced today that Chess Ultra, the most breath-taking chess game ever made, will be launching later this month, with pre-orders available this week on selected platforms. Chess Ultra will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Steam, HTC Vive & Oculus on June 21, and Xbox One on June 23, 2017.
Pre-orders are also available for Xbox One and PlayStation Europe on June 7th and fans on Steam can add the game to their wishlist now.
Chess Ultra features stunning 4K visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI that offers the ultimate chess experience. Check out the brand new trailer now! (see below).
The trailer also introduces the Grim Reaper, who players can meet face to face in VR, offering an experience that simply isn’t possible in real life. Virtual Reality players can challenge Death in the pits of Gomorrah, their mortal soul in the balance. Play well and he’ll get angry, his eyes burn with rage and the lava will flow ferociously; But lose, and he’ll reach over and take their soul.
Key Features Include
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets displayed in striking 4K (platform-dependable)
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between console and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- Exportable PGN for every game, locally and online (PC version only)
- Full Twitch integration invites fans to play against their community (PC version only)
- In-depth tutorials
Twitch integration is just one of the brand new additions in Chess Ultra, allowing Steam players to stream the game live on Twitch and play against their streaming community, who will be able to enter chess moves into the chat.
For those hoping to see the game and the Twitch integration in action, Ripstone is hosting a special livestream on Twitch at 4pm UK time on 7th June, where viewers can play Chess Ultra against the team to see if they can beat Ripstone at their own game, and also ask questions about the game.
Watch the Chess Ultra Launch Trailer:
Chess Ultra will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Steam, HTC Vive & Oculus on June 21, and Xbox One on June 23, 2017.