Saber Interactive provided me with a copy of their game, NBA Playgrounds, for the Nintendo Switch. I walked into this game not knowing what to expect. Being a Digital Download only title, I had not heard of it and sports games, aside from FIFA, are not my usual cup of tea, so I did not know what to expect. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised to find a quirky basketball game that brings back my childhood memories of NBA Jam.
Nintendo is Visiting Locations Across the Country with Some of Its Hottest Games for Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS Family of Systems
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– With universally loved franchises like Super Mario, Mario Kart and The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo has been a staple in many families’ lives for decades. Now with games like Splatoon 2 and ARMS,fun new memories can be created this summer. As part of its 2017 Summer of Play tour, Nintendo is taking its Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems across the country so families everywhere can experience the latest installments in these beloved franchises firsthand. From the critically acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to games that offer social competitive fun like ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch, the 2017 Summer of Play tour is the perfect destination for kids and parents alike. In addition to getting hands-on time with Nintendo’s popular Nintendo Switch console, visitors of the tour will be able to try out Nintendo’s latest hand-held, the New Nintendo 2DS XL system, as well as the upcoming Hey! PIKMIN and Miitopia games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Paris, France – May 23, 2017 – DotEmu, developer and publisher specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games, and Lizardcube, are thrilled to announce that Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap will be available on PC on June 8, 2017.
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – On a continent that was torn asunder by warring gods, guide two armies through brutal tactical battles, as this reimagined RPG epic invades the West for the first time. Uncover the intertwining stories of Alm and Celica, engage foes, fend off dragons and explore 3D dungeons. Your prowess will grow as you master this melding of modern and legacy Fire Emblem gameplay. The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia game is available May 19.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC
- Season Pass ($44.99, twenty-two pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content individually.
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack ($7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, in-game currency and experience points.
- The remaining four DLC packs will be released in the coming weeks. See the full schedule here.
- Disgaea 5 Complete – Demo Version – Download the free Disgaea 5 Complete demo and try the strategy RPG game before it launches on May 23 on the Nintendo Switch console. Get a taste of Disgaea 5 with the first few stages of the game.
- Blazing Lazers – Players control the extraordinary firepower of their Gunhed Star Fighter in this classic TurboGrafx-16 shooter. Collect power-ups to increase your ship’s battle strength so it can cut through enemies and defeat the bosses in all nine action-filled areas. Of course, as part of the “Soldier” series, the game contains a good combination of fast-paced speed with catchy, drum-propelled background music.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
Sonic Forces Introduces New, Third Gameplay Style
Burbank, California — SEGA has revealed the third gameplay style in Sonic Forces is a powerful gadget touting customizable character. For the first time in the Sonic series, players can create their own original Hero Character, and customize how the character plays and looks. This newly revealed playstyle in Sonic Forces is in addition to the previously revealed fast-paced action of Modern Sonic and the thrilling platforming of Classic Sonic.
In addition to its global availability on YouTube, Twitch and Facebook, more than 70 countries will tune-in to the EA SPORTS FIFA Ultimate Team Championship Final on May 20
This Friday and Saturday, the best FIFA 17 players from all corners of the globe will meet in Berlin as they vie to be crowned the best FIFA player in the world and win a piece of the $400,000 cash prize! Over six million players competed in the FIFA FUT Champions Weekend League since the launch of FIFA 17, to secure one of the 192 live qualifications for the Season 1 and Season 2 Regional Finals. After six regional events, the top 32 remain in the final showdown, and will go to battle in an event that promises to be action packed.
New Trailer for Splatoon 2 Single-Player Mode Also Debuts
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo premiered a new Nintendo Direct video presentation all about its upcoming ARMS game for the Nintendo Switch console – with a little surprise from everyone’s favorite Inklings in the Splatoon 2 game as part of a bonus trailer at the end. ARMS was created by many of the same team members that developed the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game for Nintendo Switch, promising the same level of polish and competitive action as the hit racing game. The Nintendo Direct video detailed many new features about ARMS, including key characters, attributes and the game’s numerous multiplayer battle modes, as well as information about a free Global Testpunch demo for the game that starts at the end of May.
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– According to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States, the Nintendo Switch system was the best-selling video game hardware in the month of April with more than 280,000 units sold. This is the second month in a row that Nintendo Switch has led the pack in video game hardware sales, following a record-breaking launch in March. April sales of Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems (more than 68,000 units sold) combined to make up almost half of all hardware sales across all dedicated video game systems.
A new Nintendo Direct presentation arrives today, Wednesday, May 17, providing a deep dive into the upcoming ARMS game for Nintendo Switch. As a bonus, a new trailer for Splatoon 2 will also premiere at the tail end of the video, so make sure you stick around for everything! Watch the Nintendo Direct presentation live right here today at 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET / 12:00 AM Thursday CEST.
Digital Release for Beloved Nintendo 3DS Series on May 18 in North America
Los Angeles, CA – Rising Star Games announced that Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop is now available in retail stores as a boxed edition for $29.99 in North America, with the digital release to follow in the Nintendo eShop May 18 on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. As the final Nintendo 3DS installment in the Cooking Mama series, Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop promises to deliver a buffet of sumptuous sweets, delectable desserts, and charming confections that will have players smiling and satisfied.