Developer Bit Mass has released a major update, Doorway to Maddness, for the game Cards and Castles — a unique blend of collectible card gaming (CCG) and grid-based strategy.
“DOORWAY TO MADNESS”: THE DETAILS
The “Doorway to Madness” update unlocks a number of new units and spells, card types, and crafting mechanics. For example, players can now purchase packs that include game-changing expansion cards — including a new tier of “Fabled” cards that make a whole new style of play possible.
Another major addition in “Doorway to Madness” is the ability to craft cards using “shards” — which are created from destroying unused cards. When enough shards are collected, they can be forged back together to create a new card.
“Foil” cards for collectors have been re-introduced and re-colored — reaching their final form. Also, the recently created Challenge Mode has been transformed into Draft Challenge — where users are able to compete in three live or asynchronous matches using decks created on the fly. Finally, the currency of Bit Points has been updated and is now included for all users as an in-game currency that can be used to purchase cards, decks, and draft mode entry.
KEY FEATURES (CORE GAME)
* Unique strategy gameplay blended with collectible cards for endless variety and deep tactical play
* Battle against players worldwide to improve your rank
* Multiple factions with their own cards, strengths and weaknesses: Vikings, Crusaders, Warlocks, Pirates, and Ninjas
* Frequent content updates: New cards and game mechanics are released on a regular basis.
* Supports both asynchronous play on the go and traditional live multiplayer
* Create unique decks and battle opponents in the arena in draft mode
KEY FEATURES (“DOORWAY TO MADNESS” UPDATE)
* New units, spells, and card types
* Crafting system: destroy unused cards and forge that card you’ve been lusting after
* Recolored “Foil” cards
* Challenge Mode is now “Draft Challenge”: Compete in three live or asynchronous matches using decks created on the fly
* In-game currency (Bit Points) has been updated and is now included for all users: It can be used to purchase cards, decks, and draft mode entry
Take a look at the new screenshots:
Take a look at the new trailer:
Source: Press Release